Welcome Windows Intune fans to the start of TechEd North America, 2013! By now we hope that you have had a chance to hear from Microsoft Server and Tools President Satya Nadella on “The Enterprise Era” in this post and video on the new Microsoft Cloud OS YouTube channel. In addition, TechEd attendees heard from Server & Tools Corporate Vice President Brad Anderson in this morning’s keynote address, which can also be viewed on demand on Channel 9 here.
Please follow along with us here for a deeper look at the latest news on Windows Intune, or visit the Server Cloud blog for a daily overview of all the latest Server-Cloud-Tools news coming out of TechEd North America. Also to help you plan your week, we’ve included a number of helpful hints on how to take on TechEd North America that you’ll find valuable, whether you’re a first timer or a veteran, as well as some recommended Editor’s Choice session picks with a Windows Intune focus to help you make the most of your week at TechEd!
Monday, June 3
- Enabling People-Centric IT – Start your TechEd experience with this Foundational Session that addresses how the growth in use of smart devices and ubiquitous access to cloud services online is changing the way that people are using personal technology to get work done. In this session, learn how Microsoft’s approach to delivering people-centric IT is helping customers enable user to work on devices of their choosing with consistent experiences and providing IT a unified infrastructure for managing and delivering applications and other resources. (Foundational Session, June 3, 11 am – 12 pm) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/FDN03
- Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 – Configuration Manager Overview – Join this session to hear about all the new functionality with System Center 2012 SP1 – Configuration Manager, such as support for the deployment and management of Windows 8, unified mobile device management with Windows Intune, support for Mac OS X and Linux/Unix clients, infrastructure improvements and more. This session reviews all the new capabilities in Configuration Manager 2012 SP1. (June 3, 3:00PM – 4:15PM, La Nouvelle Ballroom C) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/WCA-B328
- Understanding Access and Information Protection – Today, people want to work anywhere on any device. How do you enable this, yet retain control and meet compliance requirements? In this session we take a look at how the Microsoft boundary control and information protection solutions allow you to have your cake, and eat it too! (June 3, 2013 from 4:45PM to 6:00PM, Room 279) Tuesday, June 4
- Deploying and Configuring Mobile Device Management Infrastructure with Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 – Configuration Manager and Windows Intune – This session dives into what you’ll do at the server level to drive Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 and Windows Intune integration for mobile device management. The session includes subscription, connectors, certificates, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), DirSync, among other server configurations that enable Mobile Device Management. (Breakout Session, June 4, 1:30PM – 2:45PM, Room 279) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/WCA-B310.
- Windows Intune Overview – Windows Intune delivers management as a service for Internet connected users. In this session, we share the new features and demonstrate functionality delivered in the latest service release of Windows Intune. (Breakout Session, June 4, 2013, 5:00PM – 6:15PM CT Room 276) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/WCA-B356
- Using Dynamic Access Control and Rights Management for Information Protection – You’ve heard about DAC, but wondered exactly what it is and how it works? Heard the term claims-based access but not sure what that means? In this demo-oriented session we answer these questions and more! Windows Server 2012 provides an incredibly powerful information protection solution for users and devices. Come along and see how you can leverage it! (Breakout Session, June 4, 2013 from 8:30AM to 9:45AM, Room 243) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/wca-b215
Wednesday, June 5
- Unified Modern Device Management with Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 – Configuration Manager Integrated with Windows Intune – System Center 2012 – Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 and Windows Intune provide a unified approach for device management on-premise and through the cloud. Come and learn how this can help organizations address the complex issues raised by Bring Your Own Device scenarios. Go deep into the deployment options and how these will enable single pane of glass management of Windows, Mac OS X, Windows RT, Windows Phone 8, iOS, and Android devices. (Breakout Session, June 5, 1:30PM – 2:45PM, Room 391) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/WCA-B343.
- Application Delivery with Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 – Configuration Manager and Windows Intune – Configuration Manager gives users access to business applications on a wide array of platforms. In this session we provide a deep technical overview of the new enhancements to the application model and demonstrate how an IT Admin configures applications for a variety of devices. This session includes Windows 8 app delivery to Windows 8, Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 5.0, Mac, Linux, Windows RT, Windows Phone 8, iOS, and Android inclusive of new functionality enabled by SP1 and Windows Intune. (Breakout Session, June 5, 5:00PM – 6:15PM. Room 356) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/WCA-B304
Thursday, June 6
- Deploying Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 – Configuration Manager with Windows Intune at Microsoft – This session walks through the experience of deploying Configuration Manager SP1 with Windows Intune and managing devices at Microsoft IT using System Center 2012 – Configuration Manager SP1 for on-premises management and Windows Intune for management through the cloud. Learn how Microsoft updated the hierarchy, work done to deploy Configuration Manager 2012 SP1, and understand how Microsoft IT has enabled employees to add mobile devices managed through the cloud with Windows Intune into their Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 console and manage all the devices through one tool. (Breakout Session, June 6, 8:30AM – 9:45AM. Room 243) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/WCA-B313.