Christa Anderson, community lead from the Partner and Customer Ecosystem here with this week’s roundup of MVP blogs related to Windows Server and System Center. Here’s an example of the content in the MVP blogs linked below.
If you’re still using Windows Server 2008R2 and/or Windows 7, be sure to check out this week’s roundup of Windows Server/System Center MVP blogs. MVPs are highlighting the new patch rollup for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the new Knowledge Base articles about STOP errors related to Hyper-V on WS08 R2, and new application compatibility information for that platform.
It’s also a good week for how-to. MVPs have resources to help you add hotfixes to WSUS, how to use the assessment and deployment toolkit, and how to add drivers to a Windows Server 2012 ISO image. If you like to engage with and learn from your peers to help you learn more about Windows Server or System Center, check out the free VDI seminar in Dublin, the Q&A from a recent Webinar on System Center SP1, and the roundup of all Configuration Manager sessions at MMS.
Finally: find out why one MVP says you can’t (correctly) measure IOPS for VMs.
- VIDEO-Implementando herramienta Lepide Active Directory Management by LeoPonti
- Generando reportes en Lepide Active Directory Manager
- Dando de alta un usuario mediante Lepide Active Directory Manager
- Huge Patch Rollup (KB2775511) Released For Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- KB2806542 – "0x000000D1" Stop Error On A Virtual Machine In Windows Server 2012
- KB2795531 – You Cannot Log In To A VM Running Windows 8 Or Windows Server 2012 In A VDI Environment
- KB2793908–Leaving WS2012 Server Manager Open Can Cause A Memory Leak
- Add drivers to Windows Server 2012 ISO Image
- Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 cannot access NetApp SMB/CIFS share
- Add Cisco UCS drivers to Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V ISO Image
- 5th grader creating Hyper-V virtual machine and installing Windows Server 2012
Remote Desktop Services
- KB: Application compatibility update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: March 2013
- KB: Compatibility update is available for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- An enterprise hotfix rollup is available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (2775511)
- KB: The "New" option in the shortcut menu is missing for the root folder of a redirected drive in Windows Server 2008 R2 (2796764)
- KB: Generic error message when you change your password on a RD Web Access website in Windows Server 2012 or in Windows Server 2008 R2 (2793072)
Small Business Server
System Center Cloud and Datacenter Management
- Management Packs: The Pain & The Glory
- Wiki: Microsoft Management Packs
- Microsoft MP Blog
- Q&A Savision Webinars ‘The Saga Continues’