Cannot Join a HomeGroup
When trying to join a HomeGroup, after entering the password, the message "Windows cannot set up a HomeGroup on this computer" appeared.
Regarding the issue, please try the following methods:
1. Go to “Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\HomeGroup” and click “Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter” link to check the issue.
2. Please also try the methods in the guide:
3. Please boot in Clean Boot to test this issue.
4. Ensure the Time Zone and Time/Date are the same on each machine.
5. Reset HomeGroup:
1) Click the Start Button, type "cmd" (without quotation marks), in the search result list, right click on Cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.
Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2) In the popup window, type the following command and press Enter:
Net stop p2pimsvc
3) Access the following folder and clear all files inside:
4) Click the Start Button, type "cmd" (without quotation marks), in the search result list, right click on Cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.
Net start p2pimsvc
6. Please check your network adapter settings for IPv6. Your network connection must have IPv6 to support HomeGroup. If it is disabled, follow the steps below to enable it:
1) Right click on the network icon and click Open the Network and Sharing Center.
2) In Network and Sharing Center, click Change adapter settings.
3) In the Network Connections window, right click on your network adapter and select Properties.
4) In the Properties window, check the box for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
5) Close all the windows and reboot your system.
7. If the issue persists, please try creating HomeGroup again.