When a .BAT file or a shortcut pointing to a .bat file is opened, we will not find an option to “Pin the program to taskbar”; and we can’t neither drag nor drop the file to the taskbar.
The .CMD file has the same behavior as the .BAT file.
Please perform the following steps to pin a .BAT/.CMD file to taskbar:
1. Pin a shortcut for cmd.exe to the taskbar.
2. Right click the shortcut on the taskbar and you will see a list that includes “Command Prompt” and “Unpin this program from the taskbar”.
3. Right click the icon for Command Prompt and select properties.
4. In the box for Target, go to the end of “%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe” and add “/C” (without quotations) and the path and name of the batch file.
5. Then the batch file will be pinned to the taskbar.
For .CMD files, you also can try the same procedures.