I have been testing lately some nice security functionality in Office 365 and wanted to share about it.
Let us take a quick look at Office 365 ATP (Advanced Threat Protection).
What is Office 365 ATP?
Microsoft 365 ATP provide a complete solution for protecting users against cyberthreats originating in email.
Microsoft 365 ATP protects users from advanced threats through features such as Safe Attachments and
Safe Links. ATP also generates reports which provide administrators with insight into attacks targeting
their tenants through email.
With Office 365 ATP we can handle the following:
- Anti-phishing: Policies are applied to protect you from emails that wants to grab information about you.
- Safe Attachments: where you can set policies that files goes to hyper visor where Microsoft scans them before you can open them in email.
- Safe Links: where links are checked to make sure that they will not take you to untrusted site and take proper action based on that where link is substituted by URL that tells you this original link is not safe.
- Anti Spam: Policies to protect you from spam emails.
- DKIM: securing the domain by encrypting it.
- Anti-malware:Protect your organization's email from malware, including what actions to take and who to notify if malware is detected.
ATP is a very powerful service in Office 365 and it is part of bigger picture of security and compliance in Office 365: