Let's start at the very beginning (it's a very good place to start); please read this post from Peter Laker (this explains the forward movement to dreaming up a new community platform):
We're continuing our discussion with the community about the migration process and the new platform. We're building on our last two related discussions:
- Council Spotlight: What if we manually migrated the articles? - 31 Comments
- Council Spotlight: Would you want personal messages? - 54 Comments!!!
- Council Spotlight: What would you want a Content Editor to be like?
This next topic came about from the exact same comment from .paul. that inspired the last topic! Here it is:
- "Personal messages might be useful, but I think we should concentrate on getting the quality of the wiki editor, and the notifications service before anything else…"
And that begs the question...
How should Notifications work?
To be honest, my mind doesn't go straight to notifications. There was a time when I loved them and always followed up to see who commented on or edited my Wiki article. That has become more casual over the years. But I still appreciate it and sometimes follow up to see what's happening.
Keep in mind that this is just a discussion. We don't know what the platform would be like. But let's discuss whether or not things like notifications would even be valuable.
- Would Notifications be valuable?
- What would you use it for?
- Would you want settings to customize notifications or to turn them off? What would those settings be like?
Please answer the questions in the comments below.
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Jump on in! The Community is warm!
- Ninja Ed