Welcome to the TechNet Wiki Tuesday – TNWiki Article Spotlight.
Today, in this blog post, we are going to discuss Guide to implement AJAX CRUD Operations using JQuery DataTables in ASP.NET MVC 5 by Ehsan Sajjad.
This article explains in detail how to perform CRUD using JQuery DataTables in one page without full page reloads for ASP.NET MVC 5.
Ehsan Sajjad has explained his article below:
In this post we will see how to implement CRUD operations for a particular entity, as implementing the CRUD will full page reload is quite simple but beginners struggle most of the times implementing the CRUD via ajax so that page does not reload completely for better User Experience.
We will be addressing this problem and we will learn that how can implement CRUD using JQuery DataTables in one page without any full page reloads.
This article has detailed code explanations and users can download the source code for the following:
- Database Creation using Script
- Create/Insert Operation
- Implementing Add GET Action
- Add Partial View Creation:
- Implementing Add Partial View
- Implementing Add/Create Post Action
- Implementing Ajax Callback Function
- Edit/Update Operation:
- Defining Edit/Update GET Action
- Handling Action Links Events on Client Side using JQuery
- Addition of Bootstrap Modal
- Edit/Update Partial View Creation:
- Implementing Edit/Update Post Action
- Handling Update Ajax Success CallBack
- Retrieve and Delete Operation:
- Details Get Action Implementation
- Implementing Delete Operation
- Delete Partial View Addition
- Handling Delete Link Event with JQuery:
- Handling DELETE Ajax POST Success Callback
- Implementing Delete POST Action
I believe this article is a complete guide for any ASP.NET MVC programmer who is looking forward to learning CRUD operations. Here is the article link: Guide to implement AJAX CRUD Operations using JQuery DataTables in ASP.NET MVC 5 by Ehsan Sajjad. I hope you all enjoy reading his article.
See you all soon in another blog post.
Thank you all.