It was announced during the last SharePoint virtual summit in June the launch of new template for SharePoint Online site. Per the plan that the new template is going to roll up for first release users then to all customers, let us have a look in this blog on the new template.
What is the Communication Site?
It is a site template that you can create from SharePoint landing page in your Office 365 Tenant and it allows to publish dynamic beautiful content to your colleagues in your organization to keep them engaged about topics, events and projects.
You can choose one of 3 designs:
- Topic: Use this design if you have a lot of information to share such as news, events, and other content.
- Showcase: Use this design to showcase a product, team, or event using photos or images.
- Blank: Start with a blank site and make your design come to life quickly and easily.
I have created a Topic site and this is how it looks like when I created it.
If I scroll down little bit I see this too, where I can manage news, events and documents.
With this new site template you can do a lot of stuff like:
- Consume, create and connect from your mobile device via the SharePoint apps.
- Communication sites help further refine and enhance your message.
- Make your home page and sub-pages look great.
- Dynamically pull in and display data, documents and information via web part improvements as example you can integrate Power BI reports to bring your interactive reports, also, you can add Office 365 Videos.
I am putting here some links that can help you to learn more about this new template