Microsoft Azure is evolving at a phenomenal pace. The amount of new features and updates being added to the Azure Portal is mind boggling. Keeping up to date with all the new changes can be a full-time job on its own. Unfortunately, updating your Azure skills can sometimes lag.
Global Azure Bootcamp 2017 is a “free one-day global training event on Azure, from the community to the community”. According to the website, each location will “organize their own one day deep dive class on Azure driven by local Microsoft Azure community enthusiasts and experts. It consists of a day of sessions and labs based on materials from Microsoft or custom content.” The focus of the event is to teach essential Azure skills to anyone in the technology community who wants to advance their cloud knowledge.
This year’s event will take place on Saturday, April 22, 2017. With approximately eight weeks to go before the event, organizers already have 102 confirmed locations and 58 pending for 160 events worldwide. Last year’s bootcamp had over 7,800 attendees at 187 locations in 65 countries, all on the same day.
Global Azure Bootcamp is celebrating its fifth year in 2017. While the initiative is supported by sponsors, including Microsoft, the event is independent and community-driven. The goal is to show people the benefits of Azure while strengthening the Azure community.
How Can You Help?
There are several ways you can support Global Azure Bootcamp 2017.
- Organize an event in your community. The deadline for event registration is Friday, March 31, 2017. To find out more information, see the Organizers FAQ Page.
- Volunteer at a community event. Offer to help organize the event or if you know Azure be a speaker or proctor. On the day of the event, help with setup, registration, or clean-up.
- Sponsor a local event. Chances are any local event would welcome sponsors. Reach out to local organizers about sponsoring them.
- Attend a community event. Events are happening all over the world. Show your support by registering for an event. Use the map or search box on the Locations page to find one near you.
- Promote the event. Tell your social networks that Global Azure Bootcamp 2017 is happening. Include the hashtag #GlobalAzure when talking about the event on Twitter and like their Facebook page.
Global Azure Bootcamp 2017 is set to be another great worldwide community event. Get involved and help support the Azure community in your country.
As we approach Global Azure Bootcamp 2017, please look for opportunities to write TechNet Wiki articles based on the content you participate in, and to encourage other community members to write up their content as TechNet Wiki articles! Head to http://technet.com/wiki to get started!