This interview has been a long time coming! But we're glad to get in touch with Inderjeet and make it happen!
Stats about Inderjeet:
- SharePoint MVP
- MCC - Winner of the Microsoft Community Contributor award
- Microsoft Partner
- 23,346 Recognition Points
- 50 Wiki Articles!
- 163 Wiki Edits
- 1,334 Forum Answers
- 3,949 Forum Replies
Some of Inderjeet's articles:
- Hybrid Delve and Search are coming to SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013
- Common troubleshooting step : SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2007 Performance issue \ Web Site slow
- SharePoint Server: “The search service is not able to connect to the machine that hosts the administration component”
- What’s new in SharePoint server 2016 deployment
- SharePoint 2010/2013: PowerShell to create SharePoint Site Collection with custom Template
- PSconfig wizard fails after you install any update on SharePoint server
- After installing SharePoint 2013 Service Pack 1 or higher update Workflow service stops working
- Download and Install Cumulative Update September 2014 on SharePoint server 2013
- Antivirus Exception for Workflow Manager, SQL Server, Office Web App, SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2010
- Setup Shared mailbox in SharePoint 2013 to Exchange 2013 with Oauth
- SharePoint site down “An application error occurred on the server” web.config error
- SharePoint Designer error : The server could not complete your request
Now let's get to the interview!
Who are you, where are you, and what do you do? What are your specialty technologies?
Inderjeet Singh : If you work on SharePoint you would know me through my 1000 + forum answers, 50 + wiki articles more than 23000 points. If you are not in SharePoint, my name is Inderjeet Singh Jaggi (Microsoft Most valuable Professional) a technology expert with 10 + yrs of experience with SharePoint, Windows, AD, Exchange, etc. I have delivered about 15-20 technical talks in India and Nepal during Microsoft Roadshows, DevCamp, reboot, etc. I work for Oakton Global technologies, India as a Service Delivery Manager and handle most of SharePoint projects.
What are your big projects right now?
Inderjeet Singh : As a service delivery manager I manage a team 40 + SharePoint, .NET, Sitecore, etc. software professionals. My new year resolution is to complete 100 + wiki article and more then 50,000 points on TechNet along without any impact on my official roles and responsibilities. Next year, I will write a lot of articles on SharePoint 2016 and 2017. I will continue to write articles on my website Http://itfreesupport.com
What is TechNet Wiki for? Who is it for?
Inderjeet Singh : TechNet is an ocean of knowledge base for Microsoft Technologies. TechNet Wiki is the backbone of TechNet because all real-life solutions and inputs are shared on TechNet Wiki. Technet is everyone who wants to learn anything about any Microsoft technology but TechNet Wiki is by the people, for the people.
In what other sites and communities do you contribute your technical knowledge?
Inderjeet Singh : I write lot of articles on my own website Http://itfreesupport.com
What are your top 5 favorite Wiki articles?
Inderjeet Singh : Below are few of my favorite articles:
What are the top Wiki articles or areas that need more attention and development?
Inderjeet Singh: I want to write more articles on the topics below:
1. Office 365 Integration with SharePoint on prem
2. Deep dive in SharePoint search
3. Content covered during recent MVP summit in Redmond.
4. Best practices for SharePoint
What does success look like for TechNet Wiki?
Inderjeet Singh: When you see number of people across globe follow you for all the contributions in TechNet Wiki and TechNet forums it makes me feel proud. Success is not what you earn but how many people know you for your contribution.
Do you have any tips for new Wiki authors?
Inderjeet Singh : Don't expect to write a perfect article in few days. start writing articles and you will learn more about writing articles as you gain experience. A lot of experienced writers keep editing other articles, so observe their changes.
Big thanks to Inderjeet for all your 6+ years of community contributions!
Please join me in the comments by thanking Inderjeet!
Here a Ninja!
There a Ninja!
Everywhere, a Wiki Ninja!
- Ninja Ed