Like any profession, becoming a TN Wiki contributor requires a certain set of skills and primarily writing and illustration.
Adding more technical jargon in an article doesn’t make it richer or suffice for readers, instead an article should make readers understand the content and to follow the instructions.
Indeed, it’s bit time consuming task for the first time TN Wiki author. But DON’T stop, practice makes things perfect and spending enough time on certain valuable things are precious which involves Sharing!
Come On, Join TN Wiki, Share and be in the Spotlight!
Here is the top 6 most important points which may help to organize the TN Wiki content you wish to share as TN Wiki beginner!
- A short note which should attracts readers attention.
- Keep it simple and clear.
- This is most read section in any of the article. So, include words only relevant to the technology or requirement.
- Again, this stands a attention grabber. Try to avoid jargon!
- Code, Design, Tools etc should be covered in very clear formats and add images if applicable.
- High light the trick and nuances of the code or solution.
- Outcome of the solution.
- Include images as applicable.
- High light the expected result.
- Place to warp your article content with few words
- List of references
- Include the links which you referred while coding or designing.
- Don’t include third party blog posts.
The Technical content we share in TN Wiki is to help people to solve operational issues specific to the technical product, to share your set of skill in the products, highlight the key features etc.
So, by following the above top 6 bullets we can get rewards from MSDN and be on Spotlight.
Yes, rewards are one of the most inspiring factors and this blog post gives more insight.
Any TechNet Wiki article published which is linear, precise and concise and with quality content will be showcased every Tuesday in TN Wiki Article Spotlight and yours could be one in near future!
Sharing is Caring!
TechNet Wiki Addict Chen V