It's a good thing the Top Contributors post was a bit late this weekend, leaving me time to be slightly late for our Monday Interview with a Wiki Ninja!
Boom! Crazy Ninja Banner Time…
This week's interview is with an amazing community contributor…
Mahdi is an AD/ID expert and has written 13 Wiki articles.
- Load balancers and Active Directory
- Display message to Active Directory users using HTML language and HTA with Group Policy
- 13 Wiki Articles with 62 Edits
- 1,119 Forum Posts with 580 Answers
- 11K+ Recognition Points!
Mahdi has been a fantastic contributor of quality content on TechNet Wiki, and you can see what I mean by browsing his example articles above. Let's get to the interview!
Who are you, where are you, and what do you do? What are your specialty technologies?
- Hello everyone. I am Mahdi Tehrani (LinkedIn) from Iran living in Tehran. I am 28 years old living with my lovely wife. At the moment, I am involved in an enterprise project of managing Active Directory infrastructure and designing and implementing of identity management solutions including FIM and MIM. My technological interest are Active Directory, PowerShell, Identity Management and Exchange. I started to work as an Active Directory specialist and currently I am working as an Active Directory lead in the same organization. My goal is to enhance my knowledge and hopefully one day I work as a PFE Active Directory for Microsoft.
What are your big projects right now?
- Well in addition to my regular job and it's related duties, my biggest project is to start reading the whole contents and resources of "MCM:Active Directory", however the certification is suspended at the moment , but I want to be prepared to obtain it as soon as the new MCM program launches. In addition I am planning to increase the quality and quantity of the contents in my blog (http://www.mahditehrani.ir/) and also establish my YouTube channel as well in which people will find tutorial and troubleshooting videos.
What is TechNet Wiki for? Who is it for?
- TechNet wiki is for all sort of people in IT field! Its massive amount of articles can be useful for junior technicians to veteran solution architects who are specialized deeply in a field. I believe by contributing to TechNet wiki we are helping IT professionals all around the world to overcome their problems and enhance their knowledge. In my point of view, for a TechNet wiki contribution, it does not have to be a long tutorial or a fully comprehensive step-by-step guide, but sometimes by even documenting your recent troubleshooting in TechNet wiki, you are giving a chance to other people to have their identical problem fixed by your article!
This photo is at "Si-o-Se Pol" (33 bridges) at Isfahan
What do you do with TechNet Wiki, and how does that fit into the rest of your job?
- Well first of all, I would like to thank Mr Arash Solhjuei (MD of KnSecure) for introducing me to TechNet and guiding me to the way of becoming an expert (I am not and expert now, but I am heavily working on it). When I was introduced to TechNet, I started to contribute on TechNet forum and since my job was involved with Active Directory, I selected "Directory Service" as my first forum of contributions. By the time passed I learned new things in forums and applied them to my job, from TechNet wiki I met my lovely friend PowerShell, learned it (still doing it) and now my job is heavily done by PowerShell. By having valuable contributions and help of dear Ed, I managed to become the forum moderator of "Directory Services". I believe these chains of success will come towards me as the time passes. Who knows what will happen next, but I am sure it is going to be a good thing because it's all about TechNet Wiki.
In what other sites and communities do you contribute your technical knowledge?
- Beside from TechNet, I follow all discussions on (ActiveDir) and will gladly contribute and answer questions. In addition, there are some local communities in Iran which are mostly held by using social media applications like Facebook or Telegram in which I try to contribute and help people to overcome their problems in field of Active Directory and Windows Server.
My wife and I are eating sushi. 🙂
Who has impressed you in the Wiki community, and why?
- Talking about impression I should mention that I always follow Richard Mueller's articles. He is a complete expert in AD field and I always follow his contributions in Directory Services forum. Ahmad Malek (Mr X) is also a good friend of mine who has vast amount of knowledge about AD. They both are Microsoft MVP's and I highly admire them. It is quite fun to say that Ahmad's articles sometimes appeared right at the moment I experienced a problem in my Active Directory. It feels like that difficulties in my environment, used to send reports to Ahmad. Guess I need to check my scheduled tasks! Joking
That's a fantastic choice. I always look forward to Richard Mueller's and Mr. X's articles as well!
Everyone, please join me in thanking Mahdi for his great impact he's had on the community!
Jump on in! The Wiki is warm,
– Ninja Ed