Nothing is easy except sharing! What, how and why?
We would like to share with you a great way to quickly share your fixes for IT Operational issues on TechNet Wiki.
First and foremost we should decide and conclude the content we need to share.
What to Share?
- Applied some interesting fixes for IT Operational issues.
- Some of your favorite forum answers.
- Some common or new issues during deployments, configuring, troubleshooting etc.
How to Share? Just 9 steps! It's that easy!
- Step 1: Choose your HTML editor.
- Step 2: Build your style using basic HTML tags. Keep it simple.
- Step 3: Save the File as WikiTemplate.HTML
- Step 4: Open the File in HTML Editor and append text under each headings like Summary, Environment etc.
- Step 5: Share the codes, solution, screenshots and steps (or) procedure.
- Step 6: Copy the HTML contents and share it in TechNet Wiki
- Step 7: Click the HTML tab next design tab.
- Step 8: Paste your HTML contents – Don't forget to add [TOC] on top of the page editor.
- Step 9: Give a Title for your article
Example of Wiki Template
Below is a screenshot, to use the template just copy the template content from wiki here)
The Wiki article below has the HTML required for this sample for your reference.
Why to Share?
Apart from rewards, sharing is caring! Most of the IT Professional and Developers search may ends in TechNet Wiki articles and yours may help many. Click here to see TechNet Wiki Reward Points!
Keep sharing and Keep Growing!