In my previous article (
- Publishing marketing
- Pirated content
- Non-Microsoft related content
As stipulated by the Community Rules, these type of articles are removed immediately without warning.
But there is more…
The TechNet Wiki (just like the Forums, Blogs and other community platforms) has a set of guidelines and rules, which govern the operations.
And, by accident or by explicit will of the author, the violations below happen quite frequently.
- Blog style posting
- SPOV (Single point of view) vs BPOV (Balanced Point of view), explained here: Wiki: Roles
- Personalization: https://aka.ms/wikipersonalization
- Articles without valuable content, 1-liners, … ( )
- Video posting without additional content (https://aka.ms/Wiki_Video)
In case the violation can be corrected, without destroying the article, the Wiki community and the administrators will try to fix the article.
For example, removing signatures, converting personal opinions into 'reviews'…
But when the article cannot be fixed, or if the violation is very explicit and obvious, even by accident, these articles will be deleted.
- Wiki: Governance and Guidelines Portal
- Wiki: Policies that Govern the Wiki