I would like briefly to mention the TechNet Wiki Community Council.
There are some main areas for the work which I would like to mention very briefly, a valuable work.
The Community Council takes responsibility for the following goals and tasks:
- Represents the Wiki community members to the Community as a whole and to Microsoft;
- Arbitrates disagreements between Wiki members over edits and/or policy change/feature change requests;
- Recommends policy changes;
- Maintains and enforces the Code of Conduct;
- Fosters, incubates, and curates Community;
- Collect TNWiki bugs and feature requests, and then represent the Community to the Wiki app team;
- Facilitates community and social opportunities, including the Wiki Ninjas blog, the Wiki Ninjas Twitter account, the TechNet Wiki forum, and other Social and Community projects;
- Cross-linking and portal growth and expansion;
- Spam, duplicates, pirated content identification and deletion;
- Featuring TechNet Wiki articles;
Early tasks of the Council included clarifying policies around Plagiarism and non-English content.
In 2013, a new concept started: the Areas of Focus.
Some Council members leads the development of these areas.
I will highlight some of these excellent job below (in alphabetical order):
- Feature Requests & Bugs
- Wiki Ninjas Blog Planning
- Guidelines & Best Practices
- Spam, Plagiarism, & Article Deletion
Peter Laker aka XAML guy
- Monthly TechNet Guru Competition
- Weekly Top Contributors Awards
- TechNet Wiki Forums
- Wiki Ninja Belt Rankings
- Portal Growth
- Cross-Linking Expansion
We have many other "Areas of Focus" and extraordinary members helping our TechNet Wiki grow up.
I wish to thank them and also all members who help or have helped !!!
You can also know other developed tasks to make sure our primary focus is on progress of the TNWiki.
See you soon here !
Brazilian Wiki Ninja Durval