This is part of the UX Guidelines section, Links and Accessibility.
Here are the different link guidelines:
- Article table of contents
- This is the "In this article" section under the introduction section.
- See Page Layout above for detailed instructions on how to create this section.
- 'Return to Top' links
- These links exist at the bottom of every section (above the horizontal rule) and link back up to the very top of the article (and not just the TOC).
- In-line links
- In the introduction section, include an embedded link (when possible) to the parent topic.
- <Product Name> Wiki Pages section
- Pull it into a Portal page if >10 links.
- See Also section
- This is a link list at the bottom that links to domain parent articles (and related articles) in TechNet Wiki.
- Other Resources section
- These are the external links, including links to Microsoft and TechNet sites that are non-Wiki.
- References section
- Use this section if you pulled source material and ideas from other sites, blogs, or forums. Make sure you have permission from authors to use their material.
- TechNet Resources section
- This list is specific to TechNet resources found on the topic.
Today's article is about See Also. The last one in this series of Navigational Guidelines was about Inline Links:
What do you put in your See Also sections? Do you think every article should have one?