I had some technical snags, but thanks to Ronen, we got it going. I haven't been able to get the tech to come together for a recording (comment below if you recorded this or other sessions, so that we can post them), so I'll just recap the topic...
We have grown TechNet Wiki from 2010 from 80/20... a group that was 80% Microsoft employees writing technical content and 20% community writers. TechNet Wiki is now about a 5/95 split... only 5% is being written by Microsoft employees and the other 95% of the articles are being written and edited by our MVPs, partners, and customers. It's been an amazing journey!
And through that, we now have over 20K articles on TechNet Wiki, with another 2K on the Portuguese version!
Here are the stats:
Main TechNet Wiki: 6,974 users have contributed 20,691 pages, 154,543 revisions, and 87,948 comments.
pt-BR TechNet Wiki: 328 users have contributed 2.353 pages, 10.847 revisions, and 6.584 comments.
And one major way we got there is by synergizing across the social platforms!
- The Wiki Ninjas blog (now a family of blogs in English, English MSDN Announcement blog, Portuguese, Turkish, French, and Persian) has championed the Wiki and evangelized it to the Microsoft community, celebrating the top contributors every single day!!!
- The TechNet Guru Awards have shown people how to leverage their forum posts and turn the content into Wiki articles!
So a big secret of that success has been Social Synergy!
There are five main categories of Social Synergy for TechNet Wiki...
1. Synergy with Blogs:
2. Synergy with Forums:
3. Synergy with Galleries:
TechNet Wiki and TechNet Gallery Synergy - Wiki article by Peter Geelen to track all the articles!
4. Synergy with YouTube:
5. Synergy with Social Media:
Telling the whole story together:
I also shared a good example of my profile. Some people have asked, "How have you gotten 386K Recognition Points? Is it because you're a PM and people read your blog?" No! It's 70% Wiki, and 15% each for Forums and Blogs. And for Galler
So thank you to those who made it! We're all looking forward to more great presentations for the next two days of the Wiki Summit!
- Ninja Ed