Welcome to another Interview with a Wiki Ninja! This one is 5 months in the making!
Chen V is an MVP in PowerShell!
TechNet Wiki Stats:
- 153 Articles
- 773 Edits
- 366 Comments
Let's get to the interview...
Who are you?
Myself: Chendrayan Venkatesan; people call me Chen V. I work as SharePoint 2010 Admin and Data Center Support Engineer.
I am interested in Microsoft Technologies like SharePoint , Exchange , LYNC - Indeed PowerShell.
I share my learning experience in https://www.facebook.com/groups/148977435297832/ and in https://www.facebook.com/pages/PowerShell-Support/1403945703187790?ref=bookmarks
Where are you, and what do you do?
I am currently residing in Nijmegen, Netherlands. I support SharePoint Applications and Data Center Operations.
What are your specialty technologies?
Windows Server Administration
What are your big projects right now?
At present I am engaged in these Projects:
- Aligning Data Center as per the Industry standard.
- Converting old automation process using PowerShell.
- Re-writing the old PowerShell Scripts in newer versions.
- Re-aligning Active Directory User Management using PowerShell.
What is TechNet Wiki for? Who is it for?
TechNet Wiki is to Share and explore the technology, this is common for all IT Professionals.
What do you do with TechNet Wiki, and how does that fit into the rest of your job?
I write TechNet Wiki to share my learning and experince. It helps me to get some best practise in the Industry.
One portal to GET what we need.
What is it about TechNet Wiki that interests you?
Sharing is Caring. Learning, Sharing, Collaborating and exploring the technologies under one roof.
Multi Language Portal which reaches people across geography.
What are your favorite Wiki articles you’ve contributed?
My Favourites Wiki Articles are
Nerve Racking Fix in SharePoint 2010
All my wiki's are my favourite because I pick the cases from my day-to-day operations.
What is your favorite Wiki article with a Top 5?
[Something thatI wrote while travelling]
What are the top 5 Wiki articles or areas that need more attention and development?
What could we do differently on TechNet Wiki?
Build a Windows Mobile App for Wiki and Gallery Forum including the below features
1. Single Sign On
4. Points and Rewards
Who has impressed you in the Wiki community, and why?
The below people impressed me by translating, correcting, and updating my wiki's:
- Benoit Jester - MTFC http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/422831/ProfileUrlRedirect.ashx
- Peter Geelen -MSFT http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/2659/ProfileUrlRedirect.ashx
- Durval Ramos - Affiliation Partner http://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/durval%20ramos/?ws=leaderboard
- Ed Price - MSFT http://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/Ed%20Price%20-%20MSFT
- Naomi N - Microsoft Partner http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/30759/ProfileUrlRedirect.ashx
Do you have any tips for new Wiki authors?
Try to Share at least 1 Wiki per day. No matters if something is wrong, people around the world will correct us. Learning is a Continuos Process so we can't stop.
Please join me in thanking Chen V for providing so much great content on TechNet Wiki!
And remember to Wiki while you work (and after you work)!!!
- Ninja Ed