Welcome back for another analysis of contributions to TechNet Wiki over the last week.
First up, the weekly leader board snapshot...
A slightly quieter week, this week. Which of course means some new names bubble up to the daylight!
Congratulations to Bob, Peter & Durval for keeping the wheels of the Wiki rolling, and to Chen again for still topping the monthly new articles tally.
As always, here are the results of another weekly crawl over the updated articles feed.
|Most Revisions Award
Who has made the most individual revisions
#1 Durval Ramos with 54 revisions.
#2 Muhammad Ehsan with 52 revisions.
#3 Sandro Pereira with 48 revisions.
Just behind the winners but also worth a mention are:
#4 Matthew Yarlett with 41 revisions.
#5 Shanky_621 with 40 revisions.
#6 Benoit Jester - MTFC with 30 revisions.
#7 Bob Blork with 28 revisions.
#8 Naomi N with 18 revisions.
#9 ThomasECanter with 17 revisions.
#10 YahyaZahedi with 16 revisions.
|Most Articles Updated Award
Who has updated the most articles
#1 Durval Ramos with 35 articles.
#2 Muhammad Ehsan with 26 articles.
#3 Benoit Jester - MTFC with 19 articles.
Just behind the winners but also worth a mention are:
#4 Shanky_621 with 17 articles.
#5 Matthew Yarlett with 12 articles.
#6 Sandro Pereira with 12 articles.
#7 Bob Blork with 10 articles.
#8 Falah Nabeel with 8 articles.
#9 Nonki Takahashi with 7 articles.
#10 Ed Price - MSFT with 5 articles.
|Most Updated Article Award
Largest amount of updated content in a single article
The article to have the most change this week was Operations Manager Management Pack Authoring - Dashboards, by Brian Wren
This week's reviser was Brian Wren
First up this week, an example of excessive pruning 🙂
Brian has taken his article and severely trimmed it down to what it is now. This is a fine example of how the Wiki is living breathing content.
Always relevant. Always ready. Thanks Brian for your continued attention to your Wiki articles.
|Longest Article Award
Biggest article updated this week
This week's largest document to get some attention that I've pcked for glory is Authentication using Facebook, Google and Microsoft account in WP8.0 App (MVVM), by saramgsilva
This is a last minute entry into May's TechNet Guru Competition, and a very strong contender it is too.
This is full of win, from the premise, to the solution, and page layout.
Good luck saramgsilva, this deserves a medal in my opinion, but each category has up to six judges from Microsoft, TechNet Wiki and MVPs
There are often so many high calibre entries into the Guru competitions, it is often a shame we can only give three medals.
For this reason we may at some time consider doing something with all the entries again, in future initiatives.
|Most Revised Article Award
Article with the most revisions in a week
Always a winner, May has been another bumper month of awesomeness.
Only the Visual Basic Gurus didn't show this month.
Therefore, I also highlight his week's second most fiddled with article is Minimum Security Rights for BizTalk Server 2013 R2, by ThomasECanter. It was revised 21 times last week.
<Cue fanfare...> New arrival from Thomas, who is also new to the community. However, his first post is very nice and drawing attention from others.
I also like how gracious he is in comments to those who help tweak his work. Someone who has clearly understood the philosophy and purpose of the Wiki.
Good luck Thomas, welcome and looking forward to more of the same.
|Most Popular Article Award
Collaboration is the name of the game!
And the list of awesome collaborators this week is:
This week's revisers were João Eduardo Sousa, Mr X, Magnus (MM8), Hasham Niaz, Durval Ramos, Bob Blork, SubramanyamRaju.B, Sandro Pereira, Tomasso Groenendijk, Mahdi Tehrani, Mang Alex, Geetanjali Arora, Shanky_621, Muhammad Ehsan, Naomi N, Ravindar Thati, Dan Christian, Saad Mahmood, Steef-Jan Wiggers & Sarat Babu (SS)
Regarding your comments Bob, Microsoft use the WIki for many things, this being one of them.
But don't worry, if you aren't looking for it, you won't find it 🙂
|Ninja Edit Award
A ninja needs lightning fast reactions!
Below is a list of this week's fastest ninja edits. That's an edit to an article after another person
- Revision 2 of Application virtualization client could not launch the application you requested: SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Server 2013. was saved by Muhammad Ehsan just 5 minutes after Benoit Jester - MTFC
Congratulations Muhammad! Five minutes is a good win.
Also in the top tenians...
- Revision 8 of SPAM_20140530 was saved by Testewede just 6 minutes after Durval Ramos
- Revision 6 of AAD Cloud App Discovery Preview - Changelog was saved by Nima Hashemi just 8 minutes after Markus Vilcinskas
- Revision 7 of SPAM_20140530 was saved by Durval Ramos just 12 minutes after Testewede
- Revision 19 of Small Basic: Color was saved by Bob Blork just 13 minutes after Nonki Takahashi
- Revision 1 of AAD Cloud App Discovery Preview - Changelog was saved by Bob Blork just 14 minutes after Nima Hashemi
- Revision 10 of SPAM_20140530 was saved by Durval Ramos just 16 minutes after Testewede
- Revision 1 of ASP.NET MVC 5 - Bootstrap 3.0 in 3 Steps was saved by Shanky_621 just 26 minutes after João Eduardo Sousa
- Revision 10 of Could Not Find Database Engine Startup Handle Error During SQL Server Installation was saved by Naomi N just 27 minutes after Shanky_621
- Revision 1 of Application virtualization client could not launch the application you requested: SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Server 2013. was saved by Benoit Jester - MTFC just 34 minutes after Aulakh Amardeep- MVP SharePoint Server
A quiet week across the Wiki, but a busy Guru corner, as the month comes to a close.
I close the competition tomorrow, so ANY VB programmers out there could drop in something simple and nifty and win a medal! Guru wins will soon count towards Ninja Belts, so an easy win is always worth snatching!
Thanks for joining me again in celebration of the week's wonderful wiki work, and hope to see your name in next week's awards!