Hello and welcome everybody to our Wednesday - Wiki Life post.
If someone asks me "What was one of your first experiences with TechNet Wiki?" my usual answer looks something like this "The translation challenge". I think some of you have already noticed that we start a translation challenge from time to time. In the past we have talked a lot about it. This is a "quick" overview:
- TechNet Wiki Translation Challenge: Ready?? Battle!!! German VS Portuguese VS Italian VS French VS Japanese VS Norwegian
- WINNERS of the 2013 TechNet Wiki Translation Challenge!!! - Find out who won: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, or Turkish!!!
- TechNet Wiki Translation Challenge Update!!! Hezequias contributes to two languages!!! French team up to close the gap with Portuguese!
- 2013 TechNet Wiki Translation Challenge Update: Japanese and Russian join the battle!!!
- The 2013 TechNet Wiki Translation Challenge!!! BATTLE TIME!!! Who will win? Portuguese, Turkish, Spanish, French, Japanese, Russian, German, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Norwegian, Indonesian, Farsi, Chinese, or Vietnamese?
- 2013 TechNet Wiki Translation Challenge Update! The early lead goes to Portuguese, German, and French!
- TechNet Wiki Translation Challenge 3: What language has been translating the most lately? Is it Portuguese, Japanese, Turkish, German, Russian, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, or Polish?
- TechNet Wiki Translation Challenge Check In - Let's tally our scores and see where we're at!!! Who's ahead? Is it German, Italian, Portuguese, French, Norwegian?
- Who Translates the Most on TechNet Wiki? Portuguese VS German VS French VS Japanese VS Spanish VS Italian (ready? fight!!!)
Like you see, translation challenges have always been a part of this wiki. Why am I talking about this? Nothing is easier to get involved than translating something from one language into another one. Two years ago I have tried to explain my experiences on translating an article. Also two years ago Ed started a Wiki article similar to mine: How to Translate TechNet Wiki Articles. This article was updated from time to time and is a valuable resource for future translation ninjas.
What do you get from this article?
- You learn how to track the translation process.
- You learn how to use language codes.
- You receive some tips for translating quickly.
- You get some ideas on what to translate.
If you are interested in getting involved in the wiki and you have no idea how, have a look at Ed's article and start translating!