Today I will report on Focus Area #14. We have an ever growing and changing list of focus areas: TechNet Wiki Community Council: Areas of Focus
The goal of initiative #14 is to involve Microsoft Services employees in TechNet Wiki wikiing. There are over 20,000 employees in the Microsoft Services organization and they comprise the largest division inside of Microsoft. Each day they serve global companies across multiple industries. Throughout a week, these employees contribute to discussion threads, message boards, Yammer, newsletters, and more. The list below includes a few ideas to integrate the TechNet Wiki into your daily activities:
- Consolidate and summarize email threads into a new wiki article – A long email thread can be difficult to read and decipher. Take a few minutes to capture the pertinent points and important information in a wiki page.
- Reply to an email the wiki way. First, write a wiki article. Second, reply to the email thread with a link to the wiki page. This is a great way to collaborate with people in another company and to help the community globally.
- Reply to a message forum the wiki way. First, write a wiki article. Then, reply to the message forum with a wiki link.
- Highlight and promote the TechNet Wiki in all newsletters – Do you publish a periodic newsletter or do you manage an email distribution list? You could add a new section in your newsletter to endorse TNWiki. Or, send your email list the "Why Wiki" blog series.
- Use TechNet Wiki as the location for best practices documents or as documentation for a tool.
There are so many reasons to wiki. Jump in, have fun, and help the community!