The TechNet Wiki Community Council is in motion and marching forward!
This is part of a series:
We especially want to welcome one new member (since "A New Hope"):
- Craig Lussier
Here are all our members....
Microsoft Employees (5)
- Ed Price - Profile
- Peter Geelen - Profile
- Bruno Lewin - Profile
- Markus Vilcinskas - Profile
- Brent Groom - Profile
- Leonardo Ponti - Profile
- Peter Laker (aka XAMLguy) - Profile
- Margriet Bruggeman - Profile
- Richard Mueller - Profile
- Philippe Levesque - Profile
- Tord Nordahl - Profile
- Zoltán Horvath - Profile
- Naomi N - Profile
- Craig Lussier - Profile
And what are we doing? We're working on the TechNet Wiki Community Council Areas of Focus.
The basic idea is that we're pushing forward and making progress in a lot of areas.
We've shifted a few people to different Areas of Focus...
- Guidelines & Best Practices
- We're currently tag-teaming this area
- Focus: The Adoption and Evangelism of Wiki Portals.
- Richard is planning on how to get more portals made for each technology
- Richard and Naomi are planning
- Naomi is encouraging people to add See Also sections themselves
- Peter is exploring automation possibilities
- Maintaining this page:
- Maintaining this page:
- Ed and Richard updated our list of bug fixes and features to get implemented
- We're waiting on a Wiki platform update to drive the requests some more.
- We're at a good place with this right now, building a strong framework
- Ed created this framework: TechNet Wiki: Featured Article Teams
- Ed has been featuring the TechNet Guru gold medal winners on the English Wiki
- Next: New rounds on Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese
- We're going strong with more judges, and we successfully finished our third month!
- Naomi has been evangelizing the contest and checking for plagiarized content
- Ed has been featuring the winners
- Peter hosts the judging and publishes the contest and the results on the blog, Wiki, and in each forum
- Peter Laker started taking over the blog author scheduling from Ed
- Peter is planning more possibilities
- Improve this forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tnwiki/threads
- Tord is currently planning the possibilities
- Zoltan is currently planning the possibilities.
- We created an article about the steps to getting your language established as a Wiki instance: Wiki: How to Get a New Language Started or Expanded on TechNet Wiki
- We invited the initial members to join the council. private Forum in place
- We created an article that explains the council and lists the members: TechNet Wiki International Council
- We have a French Forum to test effectiveness of language specific Wiki Forums. Bruno/Yagmoth need to figure roll out plan
- Next step: kick-off, establish communication channels, get input on what areas members want to work on
- Resurrect and grow the board: TechNet Wiki Advisory Board
- This was re-launched. We added some communication processes
- Next step: Finish onboarding with communication tools
- Lots of work to do to add new belt holders, to update current belt holders, and to reward them some more
- To leverage their content and customer interactions on TechNet Wiki.
- First Brent is working to get TechNet Wiki involved in the Field Representatives' existing community initiatives
- To leverage user groups as pockets of communities (focused on individual products) who can work together on TechNet Wiki content creation and evangelism
- Craig is currently working on building out some micro-tasks to get this going
- Zoltan has some ideas and will help make progress
A lot of amazing things are going on, and I'm super excited to see all this progress! Let us know if you want to help with the council members with any of these individual efforts (or if you have any questions)!
- Ninja Ed