Hello Folks, it's Wednesday, the day for Wiki Life!
Today’s topic is, why should I promote TechNet Wiki? I believe some of you might have had thought about it already.
Well, in my perception, the following are the reasons:
- TechNet Wiki is a community driven project, and by writing unique articles, you would be contributing to the community.
- On TechNet Wiki, you are not alone! You start with an idea or a concept and it grows larger and larger. You get lot of help in expanding the articles, improving articles, etc…
- You do not have any restrictions on the number of articles that you could write (Well, you can write legitimate articles only).
- You get rewards (Rewards in terms of profile Recognition Points and Achievement Medals) and award recognition (MCC, MVP, TechNet Gurus, Wiki Ninja belt titles) across the community.
- TechNet Wiki articles have a high rate of hit counts because most of the IT Pros visit or search for articles published on Microsoft platforms.
- There are abundant resources or wiki articles available on TechNet Wiki itself, which you can refer to when you start writing your articles.
- Collaboration – you get to know a lot of fantastic people!
How can I promote TechNet Wiki? Here are few things that you can try...
- You can place a link to Wiki Articles in your forum signature (signature in forum posts), or use your Forum Signature to encourage others to create Wiki articles.
- If you own a personal blog, place a link to Wiki articles
- Use Social Media, such as FB, LinkedIn, Twitter etc… (Yagmoth55 aka Philippe wrote about it some time ago)
- Persuade your community friends to write articles on TechNet wiki
- Answer an interesting question? Convert it to Wiki article! (Ed’s idea -- his forum signature advertises and links to TechNet Wiki)
- Do you see any frequently asked question about the same subject/issue? Create a Wiki Article! (another slogan to use to advertise TechNet Wiki)
Now what are you waiting for? Start writing articles and start promoting it…