What are the TechNet Guru Awards? If you contribute any new code, or solutions to problems (on TechNet Wiki) in specific categories for each month, your contributions qualify you to win the TechNet Guru Award for that category!
Each month we have new winners!
One winner in each category will be selected each month for glory and adoration by the MSDN/TechNet Ninjas and community as a whole. This includes a dedicated blog post in the Wiki Ninjas blog, a tweet from the Wiki Ninjas Twitter account, an announcement on your forum, and other acknowledgement from the community.
This contest comes from one of our favorite Wiki Ninjas, Pete Laker, who authors the weekly Saturday Top Contributors awards. Pete signed up to take on the Community Council task of connecting the forums and the Wiki better. In our comments in this blog post, you can see how Pete came up with this idea.
Here are the categories and contestants for the month of May...
The SP 2010 contestants for May:
- How to filter a list dynamically - By Christopher Clement
- How to delete crawled property - By Christopher Clement
- Export List To Excel - By R Y Sri Varshan
- Reverse Engineering SharePoint WSP Files - By Steven Andrews
- Adding Charts to Webparts - By Matthew Yarlett
The T-SQL contestants for May:
- RegEx Class- By Marc Noon
- SQL Server PIVOT- By Naomi N
- Finding Floor and fraction of a decimal number - By Naomi N
- SQL Server resource re-balancing in Failover Cluster- By Andrew Bainbridge
- Dynamic Pivot on Multiple Columns - By Naomi N
- Date related queries - By Naomi N
The VB contestants for May:
- How to Create Video Games in VB.Net (Windows Forms) - By Reed Kimble
- How to convert a 32bit integer into a color - By Paul Ishak
- Virtual memory in Visual Basic.Net - By Paul Ishak
The Visual C# contestants for May:
- Creating a Pluggable Application Without Any External Dependencies on 3rd-party Libraries- By Eyal Shilony
- Download / Send Request AsyncWithProgress with HttpClient (WinRT)- By Can Bilgin
- String and Embedded Resources inside Windows Store App - By Sachin
- Creating a simple plugin mechanism - By chriga
- Finding Element in ItemsControl DataTemplate (ListView/GridView/FlipView) - Window Store Apps - By Sachin
- Threads versus Tasks- By Dave Smits
- Spelling Check in Windows Store App - By Sachin
- How to Query Trees Using LINQ - By Carsten Siemens
The Windows Phone contestants for May:
- Oxygene and Windows Phone 8 - Introduction - By isenthil
- Windows Phone 8 SDK and Windows 7 - By isenthil
- Retreiving the Screen Resolution for Windows Phone 8 Emulator - By isenthil
More technology categories to come in the future. You can suggest more categories in the comments below. For June, we're currently considering Small Basic, BizTalk, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, and WPF.
Thank you to all the contestants for May! We'll announce the May TechNet Gurus here, on Twitter, and in the forums!
- Ninja Ed