Do you know about the TechNet Wiki Community Council? Well we’ve been running hard for a month, and I think we’re ready to tell you about some of the bag of tricks we’ve been up to.
This is part of a series:
First, here are the current 2013 members…
Microsoft Employees (4)
- Brent Groom – Profile
- Luiz Henrique Lima Campos – Profile
- Peter Laker (aka XAMLguy) – Profile
- Luigi Bruno – Profile
- Steef-Jan Wiggers – Profile
- Margriet Bruggeman – Profile
- Ana Paula de Almeida – Profile
- Richard Mueller – Profile
And what are we doing? We’re working on the TechNet Wiki Community Council Areas of Focus.
The basic idea is that we’re pushing forward and making progress in a lot of areas.
I want to brag about (announce) the great things we have going in some of the areas…
- General Guidelines & Best Practices – Luigi Bruno
- Luigi made this new portal to include all our articles on this topic: Wiki: Governance and Guidelines Portal
- I linked to that article from the Home Page of TechNet Wiki.
- Got ideas for Luigi? Leave a comment!
- Portal Growth – Luiz Henrique Lima Campos
- Luiz came up with a new list of four articles to feature on the home page of the Portuguese Wiki.
- I completed writing up the administrative process for our support team and submitted the request. They updated the Portuguese Wiki with the new recommended articles.
- Luiz has a lot of other big ideas to improve our portals. Leave a comment if you want to help him.
- Cross-Linking Expansion – Markus Vilcinskas
- Markus is getting started. Leave a comment with any questions for him or if you want to help.
- General Wiki Feature Requests and Bug Requests – Richard Mueller (& Ed Price)
- Richard is currently updating the .
- Richard is collecting feedback on what bugs are fixed in this Wiki Discussion forum thread. Please check it out and let him know when you’ve last seen those bugs.
- I’ve assembled the feature requests and bugs into a spreadsheet that we review with the wiki/social tools team monthly to track progress. We had our first meeting, and it went very well.
- Spammers & Article Deletion – Peter Geelen
- Peter has done a fantastic job getting the last three years of spam and spammers cleaned up. Thanks to all the community members who have marked the Wiki articles as spam for him!
- If you come across any spam on TechNet Wiki, Peter’s article does a great job of giving you steps to take… Wiki User Guide: Handling Abuse.
- Eventually we’ll probably retire this area of focus and focus on another area instead.
- TechNet Wiki Featured Articles
- No one is assigned to this area yet.
- Product-based Community Growth (Leveraging Forums + Blogs) – Peter Laker (& Ed Price)
- Peter added this WPF forum thread to integrate that forum with TechNet Wiki better.
- Peter is off to an amazing start with the new TechNet Guru contest! Check out the TechNet Guru Contributions for May.
- We’re starting with contests with some of the most popular forums:
- SharePoint 2010 General and SharePoint 2010 Development
- Transact SQL
- Windows Phone Development
- Starting in June, I hope to add…
- Small Basic
- If you have any questions or requests, please leave a comment!
- Wiki Ninjas Blog Planning
- No one is assigned to this area yet.
- TNWiki Forum Community – Steef-Jan Wiggers
- Steef-Jan left an announcement on the Wiki Discussion forum about the Wiki Ninjas blog (this blog).
- Steef-Jan started this forum thread to discuss connecting the forums to TechNet Wiki better.
- If you have any more ideas or suggestions for Steef-Jan, leave a comment!
- General Community Projects and Social Initiatives – Peter Geelen (& Peter Laker)
- Both Peters are getting started with their ideas on this one. Leave a comment if you have ideas!
- TechNet Wiki International Council – Bruno Lewin (& Luigi Bruno)
- The two “Bruno’s” are getting a new council going that specializes on growing non-English languages on TechNet Wiki.
- TechNet Wiki Advisory Board – Ed Price (& Monica Rush)
- I’m working with Monica Rush to get this board going again: TechNet Wiki Advisory Board
- Leave a comment if you have any ideas or suggestions!
- Wiki Ninja Belt Rankings – Margriet Bruggeman (& Ed Price)
- Margriet and I are building out a new idea for a TechNet Wiki rewards system: Wiki Ninja Belt Rankings
So there you are! A lot of amazing things are going on! Let us know if you want to help with any of these individual efforts (or if you have any questions)!
– Ninja Ed