This week’s interview puts the spotlight on another Wiki Ninja.
Instead of a normal paced interview, we’re back with the quick fire interview.
Short questions, short answers.
This week’s interview is with Markus Vilcinskas.
For a long time, Markus has been driving the ILM and FIM content on the TechNet forums and on the Technet Wiki.
Who are you?
Where are you (from)?
What do you do?
Technical Writer on the FIM iX team
Besides your work on the Wiki, where do you contribute? (Forums, blog?)
What’s your favorite quote?
“Yes, we can”
Why this quote?
Because it is one of the most powerful quotes I know and it doesn’t require an explanation
What are your specialty technologies? Name max 5.
- Forefront Identity Manager 2010
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
What do you do with TechNet Wiki ? (Hey, keep it short!)
Sharing technical information with the community and enabling the community to contribute / improve
How does your Wiki work fit into the rest of your job?
Enabling the community to contribute technical information is a goal of my organization.
What is it about TechNet Wiki that interests you?
Define it with a few key words.
The biggest strength of the Wiki platform is the ability to quickly share technical information with the community and to improve the quality of content by collaborating with others.
On what articles have you spent the most of your time?
What are your top 5 favorite articles?
- FIM 2010 Management Agents from Partners (en-US)
- Troubleshooting Generic FIM Synchronization Errors
- Understanding Deprovisioning in FIM
- The FIM ScriptBox
What are the top 5 topics that need more attention & development?
From my perspective, this is not about topics but about features.
We need more features to manage existing content and to improve the discoverability.
Just relying on search is not good enough!
Who has impressed you in the Wiki community, and why?
- The Wiki Ninjas because of the tremendous effort they are putting into improving the experience with the platform
- Peter Geelen because he has put a ton of work into improving the discoverability of our FIM content
What does success look like for TechNet Wiki?
- When people are referring to Wiki articles in discussions / blogs
- When people are adopting templates and processes
- When the number of contributors consistently grows
Technet Wiki is (highlight 1 on each line)
- Job / Fun
- Easy / hard to work with
- Sharing Experience / Passion
- Teaching / Learning
- Sharing / gathering knowledge
- Open / closed platform
- Personal / Community driven
- For newbies / specialists / newbies and specialists
- Quick win / long term investment
- Developer / ITPro
Ask any questions you have for Markus in the comments!
The Security & Identity Ninja.
Premier Field Engineer – Security & Identity at Microsoft
CISSP, CISA, MCT, former-MVP Forefront Identity Manager
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/geelenp