Tighter integration. Fuller functionality. Better enterprise value. These are among the reasons why the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) chose Office 365 over Google Apps as its cloud platform for communication and collaboration.
India’s largest and oldest apex business organization, FICCI wanted to upgrade its email system from Rediffmail server to a more stable and secure platform. After evaluating several hosted solutions including those from Google and IBM, the organization selected Office 365.
Office 365: The More Advanced Choice
Key reasons why FICCI chose Office 365 over competitive solutions included compatibility with the organization’s existing infrastructure, Active Directory synchronization, Microsoft’s 99.9 percent uptime Service Level Agreement (SLA), and the easy ability to configure and set up Office 365 for both desktop and mobile users including those using Windows, Blackberries, iPhones and Androids.
“We looked for ways to deliver cloud on our terms along with enterprise-class security, thereby reducing capex,” says Rajiv Mishra, Additional Director and Head of IT for FICCI. “Microsoft Office 365 emerged as a better fit with our overall IT strategy, as it is much more integrated and advanced than Google Apps and offers more of the functionality our employees need. Combined with the extended functionality in Lync Online, Office 365 offers much more enterprise value than Google.”
Improved Accessibility, Reliability and Security FICCI completed its migration to the cloud in just two months. Among the benefits the organization is seeing include:
- Better remote accessibility—With Office 365, employees can access email from virtually any smartphone, remote PC, or other mobile device.
- Increased reliability—To date, FICCI has experienced zero downtime. In addition, Office 365 is backed by a 99.9 percent uptime guarantee and offers 24 x7 support from highly-trained professionals.
- Reduced administrative overhead—Easy Active Directory synchronization lets FICCI manage user identities across different in-house and online installations, helping the organization to lower administrative costs.
- Decreased capital costs—Office 365 has enabled FICCI to reduce the capital cost of purchasing servers and storage, while complementing the organization’s existing IT infrastructure.
- Improved email—With Office 365, FICCI employees now have bigger email in-boxes, solving the organization’s data storage problems. In addition, email transactions are more secure.
Making Google Look Outdated
“FICCI’s decision to deploy Office 365 across its offices worldwide is further evidence of the enterprise-class quality and scalability of the world’s most popular productivity platform,” says Ramkumar Pichai, General Manager of the Microsoft Office Division for Microsoft India. Office 365 clearly makes Google Apps look outdated when it comes to enterprise-class security and delivering cloud on your terms.”