If you are deploying OpsMgr on the Windows 2008 platform, its no big deal. however, Reporting is a bit more challenging. You are installing SQL Server 2005 SP2 with SQL Reporting Services. Do not even try to install OpsMgr Reporting before verifying you can verify SRS is working perfectly. Everything you need is here, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938245/
The most common mistake is not enabling 'scripts' in the report server virtual directory. Disabled by default in IIS. This problem occurs because of a new permission requirement in IIS 7.0. This permission requirement is for ISAPI extensions that use a wildcard (*) script mapping.
- Click Start, click Run, type inetmgr, and then click OK.
- In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand Web Sites, expand Default Web Site, and then click the virtual directory for the report server.
- Under Features View, double-click Handler Mappings.
- Under Actions, click Edit Handler Permissions.
- Click to select the Scripts check box, and then click OK.
- Restart IIS Services