I received word over the weekend Solution Accelerators have updated the SharePoint Manageability Toolkit. See below for a complete list of updates:
- Linked Reports are added specific to the MOSS and WSS Management Pack. They consists of performance reports, alerts reports, event analysis reports, Most common alerts and Most common Events reports with respect to the target objects of our Mp such as MOSS computer Group, WSS Computer Group, MOSS computer role/ Moss Server and WSS computer Role/ WSS server.
- Alert suppression is implemented in all event based rules in both the MOSS & WSS Packs based on Event ID, Event Source, Event Description and Logged computer(by Agent name).
- In Both Packs views such as alerts view, event view, performance view, state view and task status view are all scoped precisely to the target objects of our Mp such as MOSS computer Group, WSS Computer Group, MOSS computer role/ Moss Server and WSS computer Role/ WSS server. This actually reduced the noise much better and considerably improves the performance of the MP views. Gives More accurate results to the user.
- KB articles for Performance rules were added to both the Packs.
- All the rules in both the packs have Rule description.
- Service Monitors in both the MOSS and WSS Packs are fine tuned to match the alert and health state of the service. Hence they match the health state more precisely.
- MP folder names are corrected to have same naming convention.
To download the SharePoint Manageability Toolkit Beta 1 Refresh browse to Microsoft Connect, and login with your Windows Live ID.