Starting this month, customers in the United States and Canada have the option to contact a Microsoft Volume Licensing specialist through an online chat function. The service is available weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time and enables customers to engage in real-time with our representatives in a convenient format.
To use the chat, find either a “Contact Us” or “Connect with Us” button on the page (figure 1); clicking this button will take you to the Contact page where you can click on the Questions icon (figure 2). A dialogue box pops up (figure 3), simply enter your name, email address and a short description of your inquiry and submit via the “Start Chat” button to begin. If you don't see the button, this means that agents are not available.
The new “click-to-chat” function is the newest of a variety of ways customers can access the resources they need to answer all their Microsoft licensing questions. Some additional support features customers may find useful, include:
- For added convenience, Microsoft Volume Licensing provides a service for customers to locate authorized resellers in their area through Microsoft
- To get a quick quote, visit the Microsoft License Advisor.
- Have a question about Software Assurance? Visit our problem resolution support page.
- For customers outside of the United States and Canada, the Volume Licensing teams maintain dozens of websites for many languages and countries. Locate the Volume Licensing website for your country/region.
- The Volume Licensing Service Center also has its own support center for customers located across the globe. Find the support center for your region via the VLSC contact us page.
Of course, feel free to leave comments and questions on this blog or through our Twitter handle @Msft_VL. We are here to help you!