Microsoft Worldwide Licensing & Pricing (WWLP), together with colleagues from the Software Asset Management (SAM) team will be attending and presenting at the Gartner IT, Financial, Procurement & Asset Management Summit next week in Orlando, Florida. In addition, we’re delighted to share that Microsoft is a Platinum Level sponsor for the event. If you’re planning to attend, we will also have a booth presence with plenty of helpful staff to answer questions and share tips about useful resources around Microsoft licensing and software asset
If you’re attending the conference, we invite you to check out our Solution Provider Session; here are the deets:
- Date/Time: Wednesday, 9/14, 1:15-2:15pm
- Location: The Peabody Hotel, Windemere X
- Overview: Increasing adoption of cloud services is transforming the way business gets done, including IT licensing and asset management. At the same time, customers with existing on-premises software agreements want to optimize the value of their licensing investments. In this session we will feature customers managing both cloud and on-premises services who are implementing new Microsoft Volume Licensing and SAM services engagement programs and tools for increased efficiencies and greater strategic value.
Learn how to leverage these offerings today!
If you’re interested in hearing customer perspectives, we have customers presenting with Microsoft spokespeople ready to share their own best practices. Specifically, Kathy Porter, Vice President and Manager of IT Asset Management for US Bank and Dr. Joel L. Hartman, Vice Provost for Information Technologies and Resources at the University of Central Florida will join Microsoft’s Jonathan Shultz, Director of Volume Licensing and David Hasenkopf, Director of Software Asset Management for Microsoft’s US Enterprise team.
Broadly speaking a well-executed Software Asset Management (SAM) practice will help you extract the greatest value from Microsoft’s Volume Licensing programs which have recently seen significant updates to help you take advantage of cloud services on your terms. The presentation will provide an overview of the changes related to the Enterprise Agreement and additions to Software Assurance.
Software licenses are definitely an organizational investment. And, SAM delivers a vital set of business processes that provide a system for the effective management and protection of those software assets throughout their life cycle.
Leveraging SAM best practices can help you:
- Save money by using what you have and eliminate excess spending by determining your true software needs through right licensing.
- Gain peace of mind about viruses and other threats from malware by helping to securing your IT infrastructure.
- Implement license optimization, drive operational improvements, and empower people to improve their productivity.
- Underscore the importance of IT as a strategic asset to your organization—one that can help your business gain a stronger organizational foundation and be catalyst in key scenarios, such as technology initiatives, market events or contract milestones.
Not able to attend but interested in hearing more? The VL Blog will have additional information posting both during and after the conference. You can also join the conversation by following our Twitter handle (@Msft_VL) and contributing to the Twitter hashtag conversation #gartneritam.
For more information, here are some links to resources on Microsoft.com:
In additional WWWLP recently published a case study on University of Central Florida along with a companion video (see below).