Got a Question for Microsoft Volume Licensing? Send it our Way for an Upcoming Tweet Chat

The Worldwide Licensing and Pricing team will conduct its first “Tweet Chat” from the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Los Angeles (July 11-14). This is your chance to ask questions about Microsoft Volume Licensing and get real-time feedback—with a twist! Instead of simply replying via Twitter, we’ll have subject matter experts on Volume Licensing respond via short videos tweeted out to followers of @Msft_VL. This way we can provide more in-depth answers beyond 140 characters.

How Do You Participate?

Starting today, Wednesday, July 6, at 12 noon PDT, we’re gathering questions sent via Twitter to @Msft_VL, or through the comments section below.  Then from roughly 12:00–1:30pm PDT on Monday, July 11, the team will respond to your questions via video. A link to each video will be Tweeted back to our @Msft_VL followers!

1)      Be sure questions sent via Twitter include the #askMsft_VL and #WPC hashtags.
2)      Microsoft will take your question and capture a video response to be shared with our online community.
3)      We’ll do our best to get to as many questions as possible, but may consolidate where appropriate for efficiency.

So, we look forward to hearing from you. This approach, while not new to many teams, is a first for Volume Licensing so we hope everyone finds it useful and informative.

See you at WPC—virtually at least!

1. Rob Horwitz says:

When a customer requests additional activations to be added to a MAK (to compensate for reinstalls, VM installs, etc.), does Microsoft as a policy (a) add additional activations to the existing MAK key or (b) provide the customer with an additional MAK key that has the extra activations?

2. Rob Horwitz says:

Are Office 365 E1, E2, K1/K2, and P1 users entitled to use Office Web Apps from any device? Since Office 365 is a per-user subscription, one would suspect that the answer would be YES. However, the July 2011 PUR states: “Users to whom you have assigned one of the following active User SLs may access and use the Office Web Apps software from any device”, and lists Office Pro Plus USL, O365 E3 USL, and O365 E4 USL. Absent is mention of the other SKUs

3. gilbert boafo says:

Error code:1200 [7e1f0548-0464-45b5-a545-8018420f8685]

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page and try again.

Go to the VLSC Home page and try logging out and then logging in again.

please help

4. bill says:

have been given a new activation code but when i put it in to activate windows xp i dont get the phone code to get the activation numbers

5. st.he.ag says:

I am experiencing the same problem as "gilbert boafo"

***

Error code:1200 [GUID]

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page and try again.

Go to the VLSC Home page and try logging out and then logging in again.

***

I am trying to delete an old contract administrator of our company. At the beginning i could delete the assigned contracts and save the changes. There was no error message just the message that it can take 2 hours till the changes take effect. Some days later this user was still there and still had administrator rights on the contracts i tried to delete. I tried it a few times and it was always the same the changes had no effect. Now if I try the same again I get the above mentioned error message.

Hope someone can help

6. Mark says:

Did anyone manage to solve the "error code 1200" when trying to change a users permissions?

7. Ben O''Flaherty Seddon says:

I also am trying to remove an old admin account from the VLSC and get the Error code:1200 [17ed26fa-8132-4294-828a-5a0f4e3a2db9]

As this has been an issue for more than a year are there any updates???

8. prathaprabhu@live.com says:

If this is still active – I have a question to ask. I am trying to "Assign Multiple Subscriptions" But I am ending up with an error message.

"Volume Licensing Service Center has experienced a problem in completing your action.

Error code:2200 [277deaf2-f4a7-4771-8492-dd7b333d92c1]

"

Assign Subscription is working just fine.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,

9. Chris Currah says:

Yep, same problem as myself.  Can't get past the initial menu with a new setup and get the following error on every item I try and access from the initial page, all I want is my vlk!

Volume Licensing Service Center has experienced a problem in completing your action.Error code:200

Tried everything from a variety of different browsers, cleared cache, different machines, users etc. etc. nothing.

10. Alistair W says:

1200 [47a56b09-e662-42a8-ac8c-4acefd45eb6e]

Getting the same message as lots of others when trying to administer the accounts.  What does it mean? Any one ever get to the bottom of this?

11. Trying to add a new user - Error Code: 1200 says:

What gives?

Error code:1200 [8cd06efe-4c53-440a-9f26-64923638d1d8]

12. Carl says:

Me too, when administering permissions;

Error code:1200 [a210efc0-ab6a-432f-8d16-43b0b88d5b95]

Also, when trying to accept a permissions request, I just get the spinning timer icon.

13. Sezgin says:

Me too, when administering permissions;

Error code:2200 [f9017e3a-72bc-4a8a-916c-65d6342f17b8]

14. Toni says:

this VLSC is f***ing me up again and again.

No one was able to tell me, what this error-code 1200 means.

Sometimes it is there, sometimes not.

It is NOT possible to work with this "tool"

15. Peter Green says:

I'm getting Error 1200 too.  Thought it was just me until I saw this thread!!

16. Lyle says:

I am getting the same error code 1200 and I am unable to get my keys to install the new servers.

Someone from MS please assist with this. I like to know what is going on here .

17. RSAF says:

when administering permissions to the users, I got this msg.:

Error code:2200 [f9017e3a-72bc-4a8a-916c-65d6342f17b8]

Help ASAP

18. Admin says:

The same thing here when adding new user, error:

Error code:1200 [a5b97659-fc14-4ce6-ad8a-a95b0d157b2e]

19. Gavin Thomas says:

I'm receiving the "Error code:1200" for the first time today. We administer a lot of contracts and received this while adding a new license. Is this a website performance / database issue?

20. AymanTwj says:

I am experiencing the same problem when I try to delete old users

Error code:1200 [4388f697-94c8-4f9e-8b31-ca28b45ce998]

21. McCraggly says:

Same here guys … Any update at all on Error Code 1200 [ab210b87-14c8-4140-8a51-f5c882c39a82] would very very useful.

22. Robert says:

The same thing here when adding new user, error:

Error code:1200

Anybody ?

23. Microsoft says:

Error Code: 1200 has different reasons, but most of the time it should be fixed automatically. You all have to describe where you are getting that 1200 error code.

Thanks

24. Linda J says:

I am also getting the dreaded Error code:1200.  We REALLY need to delete an admin since he's long gone and his password has been spread around….  What can we do?

25. Mike says:

Any updates on this error code?  Would really like to change admins…

26. Apple would have fixed this already says:

Great to see these types of answers:

Microsoft 7 Jul 2013 7:04 AM

Thanks Microsoft

27. Bernhard says:

Also get the following Error Code when trying to add License-IDs to a existing User.

I also am not able to delete Permissions of License-IDs of an existing user.

We are unable to complete your actionError code:1200 [1cfea644-8569-4258-88d5-2b6a40f0ca24]

What you can try:

•Go back to the previous page and try again.

•Go to the VLSC Home page and try logging out and then logging in again.

•If you continue to encounter the same problem, go to the Help page for further suggestions.

@ Microsoft: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN THIS CASE? CAN'T U SEE THAT A LOT OF USERS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM???

28. TonyV says:

I assume no one ever got a fix for the Error Code:1200 issue? I have had it for over a month now.

29. Geert C says:

Concerning Comment ‘Microsoft 7 Jul 2013 7:04 AM’ I keep getting this error in Administration, Add New User whatever role I try to assign

30. Geert C says:

(see 20 Feb 2014) I keep getting Error Code 1200.
    Does Microsoft log the errors and fixes them or sends on email to the user with the explanation what the problem is an how to avoid getting the error

31. Geert C says:

Hello Microsoft
    (see 20 Feb 2014) I keep getting
    Error code:1200 [0575dcec-f2f6-4fa0-83e2-70f1b39b2d90]

32. HolgerAxelgaard says:

Seeing Error Code 1200 also when adding new user. Come on mS!!!!

33. Jeff Morris says:

Error code:1200 [7c1ee1eb-15ac-49c9-8baa-7957632843f5]

Based on this thread and how long it’s been going on, it seems like MS should at least provide some answers, even if only an acknowledgement that there is a work-around.

I need my licenses and can’t add them to my VLC.

34. johnson says:

for Printer Tech support contact on 1-800-935-0537

35. Nebojša Tanasijević says:

What solved a problem on my end is that I had to use the name of the new user using the standard ASCII set… The original name I tried contained non-standard characters (Serbian Latin Ć), which gave me an error 1200… after converting the character from
    Ć to C everything worked fine!

36. Jose says:

Still happening.

Error code:200

Go back to the previous page and try again.
    Go to the VLSC Home page and try logging out and then logging in again.

37. Jimmy says:

Still 8/2/2014
    Error code:1200 [67c5daaa-0576-4dfd-9fcf-62be4d5cd55d]

38. Gaz says:

Same problem
    We are unable to complete your action
    Error code:1200 [b2002197-e169-40ec-929c-7c6a994cce89]

39. Brent says:

Still happening. Hello…Microsoft??

40. Eve says:

i forgot my password and i went through the process to retrieve the pass word process finally a verification code was sent to my system but it seems the code isnt workin……..w hat do i do?

41. Dave says:

I get the Error Code 1200 when I tried to remove agreement permissions from a deceased person or others who have left. Microsoft phone support was useless. Has Microsoft ever helped anyone with this?

42. George says:

I got this when trying to add a new user.

Error code:1200 [7e984c1a-8cd8-4f82-baa0-f8d970502387]

Any one manage to resolve this?

43. Irshad Khan says:

I’ve been trying to activate a new license for Office 365 Business Premium for the last 3 days.
    Whenever I click on "I need to create a new account for my organization to use", I get the error;
    An error has occurred – We were unable to complete your request at this time.
    Error code: 2001 b9d025d7-a998-4ddb-b990-a71055f9951d
    Of course I called Microsoft but they’ve asked me to just wait – I absolutely need to activate.

Any solutions or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

44. Fudribo says:

Same issue here, any solutions out there?
    Error code:1200 [4f51fd7d-7c4f-425c-8099-697da4384817]

It can’t really take this long to resolve the issue does it?

45. Janet says:

Funny how Microsoft is noticeably quiet on resolving this issue. I am having the same error code when trying to activate a new license. This is ridiculous! Only comments I see since this thread started is from people having the issue and advising they
    were told to just wait. Well we are an IT provider and our customers can’t just sit around and wait for MS!! They have an expectation for us to be able to complete work for them in a timely manner. Absolutely sick of MS and their terrible customer service!

46. apk dl says:

I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    Latest version of Showbox App download for all android smart phones and tablets. It’s just 2 MB file you can easily get it on your android device without much trouble. Showbox app was well designed application for android to watch movies and TV shows, Cartoons
    and many more such things on your smartphone.