Hi everyone, just a quick note to let you know that Hotfix Package 2 for Microsoft Application Virtualization (APP-V) 5.1 and Hotfix Package 3 for Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) are now available.
For Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.1 RTM, this hotfix package fixes the following issues:
- Issue 1: The lock on the VFS folder was not getting released when the user logs off from the client service
- Issue 2: Microsoft Office Click-to-Run apps can't be opened from SharePoint in Internet Explorer. Embedded Office Click-to-Run apps may crash
- Issue 3: Press and hold (or right-click) app on taskbar, the app icon becomes blank.
- Issue 4: Provide mitigation for apps which don't handle long paths correctly.
- Issue 5: Enable users to create multiple instances of Office 2016 Click-to-Run apps.
- Issue 6: Re-enable APP-V 5.1 Management server address "http://localhost:<port>/packages" and "http://localhost:<port>/packagesummary"
- Issue 7: The Confirmparameter is ignored when the Groupsparameter is null for Grant-AppvServerPackage command. Use the newly added Forceparameter to avoid the "Confirm Action" dialog.
For Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.0 SP3, this hotfix package fixes the following issue:
- Issue 1: Microsoft Office Click-to-Run apps can't be opened from SharePoint in Internet Explorer. Embedded Office Click-to-Run apps may crash.
For complete details as well as a download link, please see the following:
J.C. Hornbeck, Senior Solution Asset PM
Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Group