How can I download App-V CU1 for Terminal Servers?


I have been getting slammed with this question, How can I download App-V CU1 for Terminal Servers? Many Many customers just did not know where to get App-V CU1 for TS and I must admit it even caught me a bit by surprise. So to help solve this I wanted to type this up…. many many moons ago I wrote an article which told you how to get the App-v TS 4.5 RTM product! Well this wont be too far off…….


To download it;


1) go to http://licensing.microsoft.com and sign in with your Windows Live ID


2) In the main page you should see a section for Product Downloads click here


image


3) In the product lists go to the Windows Servers section and under this you should find a Application Virtualization 4.5 For Terminal Services click the name to go to the download options. Now although the date of the released date will say 2008-10-09 (THIS IS THE CORRECT VERSION FOR CU1)


NB 13/05/2009 : The date for this has changed to 2009-03-15


image


4) Select you language and download speed and click Continue Download


image


5) Select your download method and away you go, notice that the .exe has a slightly different name to the original binaries that were located here


image


6) Once you download the binaries (SW_CD_App_Virt_CAL_for_TS_4.5_English_CU1_MLF_X15-51720.exe) you should be able to extract the .exe where the client binaries are located. You will notice that the Product Version is 4.5.1.1.5580.


Good luck for all the people implementing the product and UPGRADING!!!! May your Terminal Server boxes consolidate and stay highly available!!!

Comments (3)

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hey Another User :o)

    Yeah i was meant to update my comment in the morning (but got slammed with a chunk of work) I have updated the above as it got changed the other day!

    Cheers for the nudge!

    Justin

  2. another user says:

    Now although the date of the released date will say 2008-10-09 (THIS IS THE CORRECT VERSION FOR CU1)

    While this is the CU1 the date specified above is incorrect.

    That date on my page shows 2009-03-15