And then the next biggest question i get asked, is How do i get my hands on that App-V CU1 Server Component? Well as always the answer is Microsoft Volume licence site.
We released the App-V CU1 Client and Sequence via connect to get people ahead of the curve on there upgrades on clients and testing for Win7. Remember what the upgrade processes is for an App-V full Infrastructure deployment…..
1) All Clients Upgrade
2) All Servers Upgraded
3) Sequencer Upgraded!
Remember that order is your key to getting a pat on the head!
Not only that but remember in the MDOP 2009 we are releasing the v1 of MED-V, our Enterprise Desktop Virtualization Platform. Which we are loving lots!
So enough of the chat, dude where’s my download!??!!
So how can you get your hands on App-V 4.5 CU1/MED-V and the rest of the MDOP team, well the answer my friends is on https://licencing.microsoft.com.
You can download it today from the MVLS website.You will obviously need to have a valid agreement to download software.
1. Go to https://licensing.microsoft.com
2. Log-in using Passport account
3. Go to the Products Download Section
4) Under Software Assurance released 2009-03-19 you should see “Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance 2009”
5) Once you select that you can select Language and your download speed and away you go!