I get asked this question all the time.. How does Microsoft IT use Virtulization internally? Well now you can find out!
Duration: 2-day workshops
Fee: Based on location (email Insightw@microsoft.com for details)
Dates, regional registration and more information: Insightw@microsoft.com
This workshop offers key insights into Microsoft's virtualization efforts and how Microsoft IT plans and executes deployment, management, and leverage of virtualization in its environment (including datacenters, branch offices, and test/development scenarios). Attendees will also participate in discussions about how virtualization is changing the way IT is managed and delivered, with specific examples and case studies drawn from Microsoft's own experiences with implementing virtualization. The agenda includes:
- Overview of virtualization at Microsoft.
- Windows Server virtualization and Windows Server 2008.
- Managing and monitoring a virtual environment.
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Architecture and hardware considerations.
- Datacenter and Branch Office virtualization at Microsoft.
- Deployment scenarios.
This workshop goes beyond a discussion of theories on how to implement and use virtualization. Attendees will hear about actual experiences from the IT managers at the cutting edge of implementing and managing virtualization in the real world. Gain key insights into:
- Best practices for managing and deploying a virtual environment.
- Microsoft's investment in virtualization.
- How Microsoft IT manages a virtual environment.
- How Microsoft IT monitors a virtual environment.
- How Microsoft IT deploys virtualization to its branch and field offices.
That's all for now.