You have got to see this! I mean its very very cool. Jeff posted up on the Virtualization site some great video and to add they posted some video’s on Hyper-V. Get downloading this and playing with the product HERE.
Greetings! Jeff Woolsey here from the virtualization team. We have some big news today! We just released the Windows Hyper-V BETA! The Hyper-V beta is a major step forward from the Preview release we provided just a couple of months ago. This beta is publicly available and you can download it HERE.
Some of the new features added since the Windows Hyper-V CTP include:
- Quick Migration and high availability providing solutions for planned and unplanned downtime
- Support for running Hyper-V with Server Core in the parent partition
- Import/Export of virtual machines
- Hyper-V now integrated with Windows Server Manager
- Integration components are now included in Windows Server 2008 meaning that when you install Windows Server 2008 in a Hyper-V virtual machine, Windows will automatically install the ICs.
- VHD Tools support (compaction, expansion and inspection)
- Emulated video card has changed from an S3 Trio video card to a more generic VESA compatible device. (This change resolves numerous video issues with non-Windows operating systems like Linux).
- Support for up to four virtual SCSI controllers per virtual machine
- Numerous fixes for compatibility, performance and scalability
- …and lots more that I’ll cover in upcoming blogs
In short, you want to start evaluating Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V today!
The last thing I want point out are a couple of Hyper-V videos that demonstrate just some of Hyper-V’s built-in SMP, networking and storage capabilities. Cheers!
Windows Hyper-V SMP Virtual Machines…
Windows Hyper-V Virtual Storage…
Windows Hyper-V Networking…