Hi Anis, this is definitely possible, use the streaming methodology to deliver your packages with CM.

Hi Erik, that’s right, group policy can be used to override this, however with SP2 we have also added a registry key which allows you to ignore the location provider.

3. Anis says:

Hi Thamim, Excellent post. But I’m a little bit confused on how can I still use SCS mode while delivering with CM ? I want to store my packages on a central location for my XenApp clients and use CM to publish packages to XenApp servers. is this possible
    ?

4. Erik says:

Hi, as the locationprovider for app-v integration can be set by policy, will this still overrule default SCCM 2012 client behaviour ? We are planning to use full infrastructure App-V 5 and SCCM 2012 R2 for our new Fusion-IO based VDI solution (XenApp7/MCS
    on Hyper-V). SCCM implementation is nearing completion in our testenvironment, but it’s too early to start testing myself.

5. Erik says:

I would like to add to that, the following question : is it possible to use sccm 2012 R2 / app-v v4.6 SP2 integration, together with App-V 5 in full infrastructure setup ? That would be a nice transitional setup for us.

6. Carl says:

Hi, has anyone gotten the IgnoreLocationProvider registry key to work. If set this 1 (using app-v 5 sp2 hf4 client), add a publishing server, this publishing server still gets removed by sccm.

As Erik asked above is there any way to use SCCM 2012 R2 but allow the app-v client on VDI desktops to use a full infrastructure server for app-v and not be sccm integrated?