App-V 5.0 OS Integration – Part 4 – State Changes

This post has moved here

1. Thamim Karim says:

Glad you found the series useful Ashley, lots more to come so keep an eye out. Also thanks for making me aware of the SkyDrive link! All sorted now!

2. Thamim Karim says:

Glad you found the posts useful Dinesh! I post bi-weekly so keep an eye out for more content soon!

3. Thamim Karim says:

Hi Roy, This is not a default behaviour of the App-V client, I would suspect your profile management solution is doing something at either log off or log on and means App-V is unable to retain is customisation changes?

4. Excellent series of tutorials!

Keep them coming. They are extremely useful.

5. Ashley Millette says:

Learned so much from your Tutorials….Thanks a million.

Please chnage this link….it goes into your skydrive "to learn about how changes to non-user based locations are dealt with in App-V 5.0 click here. "

6. dinesh says:

Awesome!!! Hats off to you. Extremely helpful and comprehensible. Hope there are more to come in this series …

7. You have a typo in the file system path.

It must be %AppData%MicrosoftAppVClientVFS, not %AppData%RoamingMicrosoftAppVClientVFS as you mention.

Thanks for sharing this!

8. Thamim Karim says:

Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking to the time to let me know, I have now changed!

Pingback from How to quickly repair published App-V packages – Dynamics AX Sustained Engineering – Microsoft Dynamics AX – Microsoft Dynamics Community

Ryan Cobb | Senior Premier Field Engineer Hi all, Ryan Cobb here with a little insight on repairing App

We have come a long way from the good ol’ .pkg files we had back in days on 4.x. I have discussed

13. Prasad Namana says:

excellent grip on the subject thanks thanks thanks thanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

14. Roy says:

Useful post, but I still have some problems in a roaming profile environment. Changes are saved when I close a program and start it again, but as soon as I logoff and logon in Windows my changes in the profile are gone. (HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftAppV is resetted?) Is this as designed and if this is the case, how can I deal with this?

CoW stands for Copy on Write and it’s a concept discussed in depth in our App-V 5 SP2 Application