Enabling computer based targeting in App-V 5.0

This post has moved here

I did the procedure, but can’t get the computer-based targetting to work. Can anyone support me with this one?

Hi Kevin, this works fine on the RDS client too!

Hi All,

Thanks for your guide, I was able to publish packages globally, but I have a problem, when the package is published globally and I remove the access for certain applications for example excel since I’m streaming office, the client is still able to open excel on his computer, but If I publish to the user instead, he don’t have access to excel.

Any clue ?

Hi, what are you using to restrict what applications your user has?

happy to help!

hey Kevin, i followed the steps but the app doesn't show up on the target computer. do I need to install anything on the target computer….eg another appv client…so it syncs??

Can you verify the following:

– The GlobalRefreshEnabled  and GlobalRefreshOnLogon settings are both set to true when doing a Get-AppvPublishingServer.

– The client has been rebooted after the change

– The AD group membership has been applied to the client machine

8. FJUK says:

Followed your article but only packages assigned to the user are being deployed to my client computer.

The client computer is in the AD group that is assigned to the package, and I have updated the GPO that applies the App-V client configuration.  Also I have manually tried updating the App-V client

Not sure what else to check?

thanks in advance

9. JPUK says:

thanks the The GlobalRefreshEnabled  and GlobalRefreshOnLogon settings were still set to false, despite the GPO being applied.

I manually set them and bang it worked.  Need to work out why my GPO is not doing this

thanks for your time

10. Kevin says:

Hi Thamim,

Do you know if computer based targeting is now enabled for the RDS client also? Full appv infrastructure.

11. leonavson says:

Hi Thamim, i have to use the same appv package for some other machines using computer based targeting but its not working giving error "package failed configuration in folder …. with error 0x4C40312C-0x3."
    GlobalRefreshEnabled and GlobalRefreshOnLogon are True and same policy applied on the hosts which are working. kindly help