Posting this on behalf of Jeff Woolsey who delivered an amazing demo in the Day 1 Keynote address by Satya Nadella.
Some key takeaways from Jeff’s presentation:
- 64 virtual processors in a VM
- 985,000 IOPs from a single Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V VM
- 4k Random IO; Queue Depth 32, 40 concurrent threads
- VMware tops out at 300,000 per VM; needs 6 VMs to achieve this
- Offloaded Data Transfer ODX (file copies of 1 GigaBYTE per second). Yes folks, copy a 10 GB file in 10 seconds.
- Works with SANs and the new Windows Server 2012 File Server
- Cisco Nexus 1000v for Hyper-V
- PowerShell as the engine for Run Book Automation with Hyper-V Replica
- Extending on premise private cloud to service provider