Error after importing the users profiles in SSP>Profmain.aspx page "The user profile database connection cannot be made because of error”


Why this happens :


– Profmain.aspx calls importStatus.LastCrawlSeedStatus to determine if an error occurred during the last profile import.

– If the LastCrawlSeedStatus value is not 0, it checks importStatus.LastLogEntry and provides the text message from the log

– LastCrawlSeedStatus is a property of the content source People_Import (Hidden Content Source)

– If the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office Server\12.0\Search\Applications\6d372e7b-6777-4641-aebe-caab7e737701\Gather\ProfileImport\ContentSources\1\StartPages\0

– If the value to anything other than 0, we can reproduce problem

– The search account should have full control on this registry key

– The SSP account should have read access to this key.

How to Fix it :-

– Open the registry on the indexer server

– Checke the value of "lastCrawlSeedStatus" in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office Server\12.0\Search\Applications\6d372e7b-6777-4641-aebe-caab7e737701\Gather\ProfileImport\ContentSources\1\StartPages\0

– We changed the value to 0

– Restart search service

Comments (2)

  1. vinitvt says:

    try rentering the password for the default content acess account and make sure this account has permission on DB.

  2. Sean says:

    I tried this fix, and my users and profiles page is stll showing the "The user profile database connection cannot be made, because of error " message. There are no crawl errors, and no real info that i can think of to follow up on.

Skip to main content