Best Practices for Physical Servers
Before setting up a physical server to host Hyper-V Role, download, read and understand information included in the white paper "Performance Tuning Guidelines for Windows Server 2008"
- Avoid Overloading the Server
- Ensure High Speed Access to Storage
- Avoid Mixing Virtual Machines that can and cannot use Integration Services
- Configure Anti-Virus to Bypass Hyper-V Processes and Directories
- Avoid Storing System Files on Drives used for Hyper-V Storage
- Monitor Performance to Optimize and Manage Server Loading
I'll be back with more best practices keep watching the blog....