But… since you noticed it, no Sharepoint controls are working. No paging controls, no buttons, generally any control that would require a postback between the webbrowser and the server will cease to function properly.
At this point you may wonder : how come it worked or (even more funny) how come it works SOMETIMES ?
Well, following the rabit traces into it’s hole, we can identify the following potential resons for the behavior:
- access to webresource.axd is restricted (either your firewall restricts some path or you ran URLSCAN on the server and axd files are denied)
- Son of Smart Part is installed and somehow reformats the URL that should get to the axd resource
- Output caching profiles defined.
As resolution for the possible causes above you should probably:
- check your firewall logs for denied axd requests
- see Jan Tielen ‘s http://weblogs.asp.net/jan/archive/2006/03/22/440793.aspx
- Edit the Site Collection cache Profiles in the Administration site and modify the Public Internet (Purely Anonymous) Profile
Change Vary by HTTP Header from Browser to User-Agent
Perform a clear cache on the object cache and you should be back in business.