In Office 365, SharePoint 2010, Exchange 2010 and Lync Server 2010 are hosted in Microsoft cloud datacenters to provide collaboration and communication as software-as-a-service (SaaS). Along with the launch of Office 365 Public Beta, Microsoft has also released the Office 365 Developer Training Kit.
The Office 365 Developer Training Kit contains developer focused presentations, self-paced labs and links to key resources to help you build solutions that leverage SharePoint Online, Exchange Online and Lync Online. Using this kit, you’ll learn how to build collaborative and communication focused cloud solutions that run in Office 365 using Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework.
After downloading the training kit, run the self-extracting executable to extract all of the training kit files to your local machine. This is how the homepage looks:
The equivalent online version is available on MSDN here: Office 365 Developer Training Course. Units in this course are:
- Developing in the Cloud with Office 365
- Developing for SharePoint Online with Sandbox Solutions
- Building Workflow Solutions for SharePoint Online
- Developing SharePoint Online Solutions with the Client Object Model
- Leveraging Excel and Access Services in SharePoint Online
- Developing Communication Solutions for Lync Online
- Developing Messaging Solutions for Exchange Online
First step to develop on Office 365 will be to Sign Up for the Office 365 Beta. Refer to yesterday's post - Office 365 Public Beta launched for details