Are you a Microsoft customer planning to deploy Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 in your organization? Would you like Microsoft to help you plan the deployment? Do you have a Software Assurance (SA) agreement with Microsoft? If yes, then SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS) offering is just the solution for you.
What is SDPS?
SDPS offering is a benefit provided as part of an organization’s Software Assurance (SA) coverage. SDPS includes a broad range of planning tools and services that help optimize the effectiveness of SharePoint’s core capabilities, lower the cost of deployment and improve organizational productivity. This offering is either delivered by a Certified Partner or Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) and is designed to help our SA customers successfully plan and deploy SharePoint. Service areas include – Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search and Enterprise Content Management.
What is the duration?
The number of SDPS days that a customer can receive is determined by a combination of the number of qualifying Office licenses and the number of Core CAL (Client Access License) Suites and Enterprise CAL Suites. To determine the software assurance your organization has purchased, you must identify who, within your organization, “owns” the contract with Microsoft.
What services are available?
While the length of the deployment planning engagement will be dependent on the customer’s SA benefit level, the types of services delivered as listed below will depend on the length of the engagement:
- A Strategy Briefing defines the vision for achieving technical and business goals and is part of all engagements,
- An Architectural Design Session introduces SharePoint technologies, solutions and concepts and is added in a 3 Day engagement,
- A Deployment Planning Session covers a specific SharePoint capability in depth and is added in a 5 Day engagement, and
- A Proof of Concept demonstrates the solution in the customer’s environment and is added in a 10 and 15 day engagement
What will it cost?
Nil. No additional investment is needed by the customer.
What are the benefits for you?
- Extends value of Software Assurance (SA) investment you have made
- No cost to you
- Ability to fully understand where SharePoint “fits” in the organization. SDPS offers an engagement that is customized to your needs
- Faster deployment based on best practices and tools
- Flexible and tailored
- Services delivered by a SDPS Certified Partner
Want more information?
Refer to the links given below for more information. You may also contact the Microsoft Account Manager (AM) or Account Technology Specialist (ATS) for your organization.