Hello Microsoft Partners!
I was really excited to see Windows Virtual Desktop officially announced at Ignite a couple weeks back. Windows Virtual Desktop (formally known at RDmi (Remote Desktop Modern Infrastructure)), is a new service that enables you to host a complete modern desktop experience on Azure with built-in security and compliance, and access it from any device.
Windows Virtual Desktop is the best virtualized Windows and Office experience delivered on Azure. It is the only cloud-based service that delivers a multi-user Windows 10 experience, optimized for Office 365 ProPlus, and includes free Windows 7 Extended Security Updates. With Windows Virtual Desktop, you can deploy and scale Windows and Office on Azure in minutes, with built-in security and compliance.
I wanted to provide you with some resources to quickly get you up to speed on this new solution.
- Read the blog post at Microsoft 365 adds modern desktop on Azure
- Watch the Ignite session BRK2300 - Windows Virtual Desktop overview
- Sign up to be notified when the Public Preview is available (coming soon!) at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/virtual-desktop/#sign-up
For additional information, you can check out
- Windows Virtual Desktop website
- Watch the Ignite session BRK3312 - Windows Virtual Desktop deep dive