When: May 15-19, 2017
Where: The Westin in Bellevue, WA
Registration Fee: USD $1,800.00 per attendee
Hello Microsoft Partners,
I wanted to send to you this “save the date” message for a highly recommended deep technical training event that I think would benefit you and other members of your organization.
The Cloud Architect Boot Camp is the same high quality technical training that internal Microsoft architect roles attend, and it is only being extended to Microsoft partners. By attending this event, you’ll be sitting side by side during the training with Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects and become part of this great technical community.
The Cloud Architect Boot Camp is an immersive learning experience that includes:
- Keynotes by our top engineering executives
- All lecture sessions delivered by top subject matter experts
- Engineering and executive panels
- Whiteboard Design sessions
- Hands-on Hackathon
This is an active learning event. Attendees will spend much of the week working on designing solutions in whiteboard design workshops and building solutions in the practical hands-on hackathon. The workshops and hackathon are all designed with our Engineering teams, based on real-world solutions, which highlight best practices.
Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
- Architect solutions in the Microsoft cloud and data platform
- Develop and present impactful and convincing solutions to your customers
- Respond to objections appropriately
Below you’ll find further information about who should attend and next steps.
The Cloud Architect Boot Camp is L300-400 technical training. It is exclusively oriented to those in “architect” roles on Infrastructure, Development and Data platform workloads at partner organizations who have advanced knowledge on Azure workloads. The training is not appropriate for those with only basic or intermediate knowledge of Azure.
The following outlines the Architect role responsibilities and the experiences required to successfully participate and complete the training.
- Drive deployment of customer workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Identify, validate, and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in one out of the following four areas of specialization: Datacenter Transformation, Custom Applications, Media Services, Security, Compliance and Privacy. Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization.
- Has passed, or is close to passing, at least one of the Azure technical certification exams (70-532, 70-533, or 70-534).
- Possesses a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Successful in building technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects.
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premises workloads to the cloud.
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations/Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, and Linux.
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM, and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, and Pig/Hive.
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams.
This training event includes, keynotes, lecture sessions, Q&A panels, Whiteboard Design sessions, hands-on Hackathons, and direct access to Microsoft engineering experts—all in one place. Content will include deep dive discussions and hands-on scenarios to help land skills. Attendees will leave with practical learning skills to be better able to drive cloud deployment and consumption in real world situations.
Cloud technical content
This content brings architects up to speed with deep, L300-400 technical training so they can confidently advise customers on building and deploying cloud-based workloads on Azure. Example topics are:
- Compute, Storage, Networking (SDN and Hybrid Connectivity), ARM, Service Fabric/Microservices, Application Services, DevOps, Messaging, EventHub, Stream Analytics, Data Lake, Machine Learning, DocumentDB, IoT Suite, Batch and Big Compute, Media Services, Security and Compliance, and Patterns and Best Practices.
Data Platform technical content
Targeted to architects, this content onboards participants with deep, L300-400 technical training so they are better able to drive SQL and Azure consumption with their customers. Example topics are:
- SQL Stretch DB, SQL Server on Azure VM, SQL in Memory OLTP, SQL Server Security, SQL Upgrade & Competitive Migration, SQL Server Data Warehouse, and SQL Server BI.
- Identify candidates within your organization who satisfy the above criteria.
- Watch for a registration link to be provided in late March, 2017 for candidates to register. Once the registration link has been provided, please have the candidates register as soon as possible. The Microsoft team will review the registrations to confirm that candidates meet the target profile and then either approve, decline, or waitlist the candidates depending on available capacity.
- Attendees are responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs.
- A nomination does not guarantee a seat.
- Please do not book travel and accommodation until you receive a “registration confirmed” email from the Microsoft team.