In march we announced the launch our first eBook The Modern Microsoft Partner Series, Part 1: The Booming Cloud Opportunity in the five-part series with IDC. Our objective for this research was to update the data from the study conducted two years ago with IDC and expand on what it takes for partners to build a profitable, sustainable cloud business. You can download all the eBooks below:
- Part 1: The Booming Cloud Opportunity: This eBook sets the stage for the series by providing foundational data regarding the cloud opportunity, customer trends, and emerging opportunities and setting up the four pillars of the modern partner, which we will drill into over the course of the next four eBooks.
- Part 2: Differentiate to stand out: Differentiation is key to standing out in a competitive cloud marketplace. Partners are differentiating their businesses by targeting verticals or industries, establishing a technology specialization, and building intellectual property.
- Part 3: Modernize sales and marketing: IDC has estimated that more than 65 percent of the buying decision making process is completed online before a customer even talks to a vendor. With this dramatic shift in customer buying process with the cloud, it is critical that partners invest in modernizing their sales and marketing engines.
- Part 4: Optimize your operations: Profitable solution providers take operations seriously, focusing on repeatable engagements through methodology, automation, and tools. They are masters at metrics.
- Part 5: Define customer lifetime value: Unlike the “sell and move on” mentality of our industry in the past, the successful partner will maintain customers for life by building lasting relationships, ensuring their clients continually get value out of their solutions, and focusing on metrics such as average revenue per customer.
Enjoy the series! UPDATE: Fixed Links!