During this series, Leading Your Customers to Modern IT with Windows Server 2012 R2, we’ve learned about some of the great capabilities and benefits of getting your customers to modern with Windows Server 2012 R2. Once you’re ready to start migrating your customers, I want to make sure you’re taking advantage of a fantastic resource you can leverage for the migration effort.
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit can help accelerate your migration to Windows Server 2012 R2 by quickly and efficiently collecting the detailed infrastructure information you need for planning your migration. You can create a server inventory report, let MAP analyze the data to assess your IT environment’s readiness, and access the following Windows Server 2012 R2 reports:
- Server Inventory Report: MAP will identify currently installed Windows Server operating systems and provide a detailed analysis of hardware.
- Server Roles Report: MAP generates reports of the Windows Server roles installed on each server in your IT environment.
You can download the latest MAP Toolkit HERE.
The MAP Toolkit includes the following components:
- MAPSetup.exe. Installation package containing the tool and SQL LocalDB.
- readme_en.htm. Available as a separate download. Provides information to read before installing the MAP Toolkit, including installation prerequisites and known issues.
- MAP_Sample_Documents.zip. Available as a separate download. Contains sample reports and proposals.
- MAP_Training_Kit.zip. Available as a separate download. Contains sample database and instructions for completing various exercises.
I would also encourage you to view the video that my colleague Rob Waggoner created that walks you through a overview of the tool and how to use it. It is a great video and I highly recommend viewing it before you get started. You can find that HERE.
Thanks for reading and hope you find this tool a valuable resource to assist with your Windows Server 2012 R2 migrations. Please check out our whole series on Windows Server 2012 R2 at https://aka.ms/ts2windowsserver2012r2.